Matty bennett's National Moto & Cycle Co. -

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matty Bennett, founder of National Moto & Cycle Co. has begun production of the coolest new motor assisted bicycles ever to become available! The company will be featuring 12different models featuring thematic representations of motorcycles from 1909 to 1921. Three different tank designs along with variations of tool kits will compliment the creations. entry level pricing is $1,999.00 and they are going to be accepting deposits very soon. I think at this time they have built and sold 35. Way kool to get in on one of these...soon to be historically based custom hand built cycles. They will be built in Indianapolis, Indiana and will be available at motorcycle dealerships across America and to dealer networks overseas very soon. Can't wait mate!

Prototype bike that was at Kokomoto show at Summers Place in Sharpsville, Indiana, yesterday.....The IMS plate designates the emblem signifying Indianapolis Motor Speedway where early motorized bicycles were actually raced. Kool! Custom one-of-a-kind touches on each power-assisted bicycle.

Nice, but only $2K?o_O For $2K, don't I get a front fender?:p Let's see, if I sell all my bikes I could put a down payment on one.:( Looks like a super cool ride for a young rich hero...like DoubleL.:41: Gary

Nice, but only $2K?o_O For $2K, don't I get a front fender?:p Let's see, if I sell all my bikes I could put a down payment on one.:( Looks like a super cool ride for a young rich hero...like DoubleL.:41: Gary
I think most of us if not all would have to sell off a few bikes in order to get one. Including me and my hard earned moneeeeyy!

I think for $2k you should get more than a front fender, like maybe a motorcycle ;)

I think for $2k you should get more than a front fender, like maybe a motorcycle ;)
Yes, well...good luck on buying a motorcycle for 2 grand...albeit a junk one....one of the intended target audience for these bikes are those less fortunate that have no drivers license, lost their driving license or and instead of putting down more than a grand upwards of 2000.00 for a china made scooter they could ride something with cool & dignity.....whew! some people just don't get it! Let's see....have you priced a motorized anything that is cool lately???

You can get a pretty decent motorcycle for two grand, sure it won't be new. $2000 for a Chinese scooter or a bicycle with a Chinese motor, kind of a wash in my opinion. The bikes look nice and has some cool details, but that is a load of money for a motorized bicycle. In reality it is a felt canvas frame, off the shelf parts, a Chinese motor, and then a few custom made parts. So i think i get it just fine. I understand a lot of people don't have the ability to build something like that, but if you do you could build a cooler bike for a fraction of the price.

Sym Wolf Classic is $3000.... cheapest new moto that i'd be willing to rock.

These Nat'l Moto & Cycle bikes seem to be felts w/ a Chinese 2stroke installed, and some accessories. Yeah, nothing groundbreaking, but $2k seems like a fair price given that dude has to make a profit, and no doubt he has business-related overhead to cover. Sure, many ppl on here would prefer to go the DIY route, but they'd be pretty close to $1.5k if they do it right, plus al the time spent.

Many "normal" ppl would gladly pay a pure premium to avoid the time/headaches spent on building a motorized bicycle. It's worth it to have someone to complain to if I doesn't go right, too.

But for me, if I want 2 wheels and a moor, I'd buy an 80s/early90s VFR with mild damage to the plastics, and build a "streetfighter" out of it.
vfr-right-side-3.jpg

Two grand buys a lot of bike these days, especially if you wait til, like, November... at lest in places like NJ, where winter is a factor.

Sym Wolf Classic is $3000.... cheapest new moto that i'd be willing to rock.

These Nat'l Moto & Cycle bikes seem to be felts w/ a Chinese 2stroke installed, and some accessories. Yeah, nothing groundbreaking, but $2k seems like a fair price given that dude has to make a profit, and no doubt he has business-related overhead to cover. Sure, many ppl on here would prefer to go the DIY route, but they'd be pretty close to $1.5k if they do it right, plus al the time spent.

Many "normal" ppl would gladly pay a pure premium to avoid the time/headaches spent on building a motorized bicycle. It's worth it to have someone to complain to if I doesn't go right, too.

But for me, if I want 2 wheels and a moor, I'd buy an 80s/early90s VFR with mild damage to the plastics, and build a "streetfighter" out of it.
vfr-right-side-3.jpg

Two grand buys a lot of bike these days, especially if you wait til, like, November... at lest in places like NJ, where winter is a factor.
Well said.....I agree...same here in Indiana...prices do drop drastically....just putting it out there for someone who has some demonstrated building skills...a pretty darn cool line-up...not a lot of money, and is yet willing to grind out a new venture in a down-turned economy. Hats off to a young man with credible dreams. At the turn of the last century there were a vast number of bike builders and only a handful that survived due to the hard times in front of them. Hopefully his passion, dedication, and his drive will help see him through any difficult times ahead. Looking a little deeper than what appears on the surface of this enterprise, I personally see a pretty darn solid research foundation and historically correct designs that are sure to inspire an upcoming young audience. We shall see. Thanks for your input. Really appreciate it. Knowledge is priceless and sharing it is even more so.

I agree that it takes courage and a certain kind of "Vision" to start any kind of business under these economic circumstances; even if they've been around before in other iterations, the current crop of motorized bicycles is kind of an untested market, as it's been a while since they were commonplace (eg, Whizzers) and the typical customer is not likely to be familiar with them, let alone actively seeking them out. On the other hand, they are undeniably cool, and if this guy Matt keeps the prices competitive and the models as compelling as the one you posted up-thread, he's definitely got a shot.

My buddy who owns the local bike shop wants to get into building motorized bicycles in a big way, but we're in NJ where the legality of motorized bicycles is questionable. Being in Indiana, I'm sure your buddy will have less regulations to worry about. So, yeah, some ppl will balk at that price, but others will probably find it pretty attractive.

Latest posts

Back