Matti Scores!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plan for this one is to turn it into a road-ish tourer or city bike type thing. Geared, rideable for long distances. Well, longish, I have a 30k loop around the city I'd like to do
The componentry seems to be saying mid to late-80's to me.

Long-ish distances on pavement or hardpan, put it on a major diet and make it 1X in the process. It'll lighten up nicely and be much more manageable. That paint is great and will restore easily.

I don't know what that is but it has twin bars and I like it! :thumbsup:
IMG_20200628_130704325.jpg

That's quad bars, mister! And it's officially in the Thundrrr fleet. So much happy! This thing checks off SO MANY BOXES!!!
Btw, that light in the first pic? It's a freakin Sanyo with two bulbs, still has the spare in it, with a friction generator and taillight too

Old school 3 speed: check
Mixte tubes: check and check.
Made in Canada: check.
Rad seventies paint: check.
Matti gots the most expensive bike in the garage and order is restored to the family: check, an mate!

Drum roll please................

Killer lil boogie!

Just grabbed a pair of "new" 2010 Hardrocks, his and hers. It'll get us back on the trails. I forgot what suspension and gears feel like! First time with SRAM trigger shifters, man is that weird compared to Shimano. She's coming off gripe-shift, so it's even more dramatic for her.
ad_0_1602950957926.jpg

IMG_20201017_143456940.jpg

She is in love with hers, mine will probably be resold or become a parts source for the RockRat when I find The One.
Friggin guy listed them as Rockhoppers, would have been a mega score if only it were true.

She yelled at me when I told her I was thinking about putting those shiny parts on an older, rustier Hardrock. "That's freaking crazy! Why the heck would you do something like that?"
So, maybe not a parts bike...

Forget the stand, send me some of those Reese's! :p

A good work stand is great to have. That chain breaker will serve you well too.

Latest posts

Back