Main project needs more time. Backup project to be done.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have to leave main project for a better times (summer).
I have that frame for quite long time (I'm not sure if racer bikes suits to this forum... but anyway) as I have most parts needed for it - just need to dig them out from my goodie cave.

frame.jpg

I'll go with 11-32, 8 speed cassette with single gear on front instead of classic 10 speed (2+5).
8 speed cassette should make better gear ratio and 11 on the back with 52 on front would give me enough speed.
1521011710374.jpg

Al you might notice. plenty of red elements.
Black and Red is the new rust...

I love red and black... it's the colours of the Canterbury region where I was born and raised here in New Zealand.

Looking forward to seeing your final results.

Glen.

One day I was thinking about this frame to make a fixi bike but I think fixi is too mainstreem (and useless unless you leave in town flat as pancake)
Most people think that custom city bike has to be fixed gear... I was bike courier, I used it few times... then I used single speed few times... but gears makes a big difference...

Few changes. Chain finally came in and looks great.
IMG_20180328_074453.jpg

Handlebar will be changed to narrow more city-ish handlebar.
IMG_20180328_074433.jpg

I'm heading in to fast light commuter to go around city, sneak trough traffic. I still have some time and hope to finish by the end of month.

Well done

Latest posts

Back