Madwagon cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just picked this one up yesterday... a freewheel single speed cruiser with v-brakes from the now defunct Madwagon Bikes

Vintage look and feel, steel frame, alloy wheels, rides nice and is not too heavy - like a BMX 26" cruiser, but with better brakes.

Maybe I'll throw some knobbies and a smaller chainwheel on it and turn it into low cost single speed MTB... 8)

3Eb3If3pe5Gc5M55J3ccm7c73c74a42901b1d_zpsa51d0560.jpg

iven said:
would be even cooler in alloy, but still verry coool frame man 8)

There's not much about these bikes on the web since Madwagon wasn't around that long, but I think they did make an aluminum version of this frame... definitely would like one of those if i could find one! This Madwagon Fulsom is apparently aluminum -

DSCN0285_zpsa9bc93e9.jpg

I picked up the same bike a while back, but mine had a 3 speed nexus and apes. I just finished paint and am lacing wheels next week to turn it into a 3 speed fat tire racer.

Nice score, never seen one of those before.
Johnny

Hah, I picked up a Madwagon a while ago and, having never heard of the bike company, assumed it was a repaint and that 'Madwagon' was a band.

I love my MADWAGON! Had it for years already. Bought it new for 80 bones, down from $200 or whatever. (going out of bidness sale)
Alloys, v-brakes and a Nexus 3spd. Those rear hubs go for $125 or so. Great bike. It's a keeper!

306807_10201272609399996_487598368_n.jpg

RIP http://www.madwagon.com :(

Here is my Madwagon City 9, one of their original models. I had upgraded everything by the stock shifters, derailleur, and cassette which was SRAM 5.0 9 speed. I also replaced the stock crank with a Cannondale road crank running the 39 tooth small ring. Fun bike, but I sold it about 10 years ago.

Madwagon_zps7e38f075.jpg

Madwagon started out with 3 model lines:

- City 9 - an urban bike, alum frame, 26" wheels, and 1x9 drivetrain

- Cantilever frame cruiser - typical single speed coaster brake beach cruiser. I can't remember, but they might have also made this in a 3 speed coaster version

-Colson style frame - like what the original poster has. It was available in single or 3 speed, both freewheel hubs with linear pull brakes. I remember the local Academy Sporting Goods was blowing the 3 speeds out for $88.

Several years ago a local salvage store had 400-500 Madwagons in the store. They were blowing them out at 40% of retail. I wish I had picked up a few at the time.

These are pretty decent bikes. I picked this one up a little while ago off the local classifieds. It does have the aluminum frame and the parts are all pretty nice. I have a feeling most of the parts will make it over to a different frame eventually though. I did add the horn and the one thing I don't like are the handlebars, they're just uncomfortable for some reason.

DSC07708.jpg

DSC07712.jpg

DSC07709.jpg

DSC07716.jpg

I am looking for parts for my madwagon. Hexagon nut that holds the handle bar is broken. Any help will be appreciated...

Latest posts

Back