Made my own indian from a girls huffy...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very nice kombi. Is it a 1960?

narrowed beam with 3" white walls looks ....... any more pics or links for the bus would be cool.

Wow :shock: What an awesome transformation and very well executed. 700c wheels and tires will fit in that frame and the brake caliper should still be usable. I've done this on an old Raleigh Grand Prix when I turned it into a commuter bike.

My Bus....It's a 4'' narrowed beam and my buddy made those custom white walls for me....all the handles are shaved, frenched in the stock headlights and I raised the steering collum up 1 1/2" inches...and I put 57 tail lights...I can't wait to drive it to the coast.........

Thanks for the tire links guys...

I finally found the fenders I wanted for Betty....but they need a lot of work...

DSC00003.jpg

How the heck did I miss this one!...........BEAUTIFUL!

i'd like to see this guard beaten around! good luck with that...as it looks like a few hours of noise making!
love Betty, came up looking just like an indian. love the bus, nothing kooler than a slammed VW...here's a
pic of mine [thought you might be interested?] as i would love to see more of the bus too!
don't mean to steal your thread.
notchjam2.jpg

notchjam1.jpg

Not at all...that is a sweet notch back...I think everyone likes my bus more than my bikes...I'm gonna show you guys my homemade frames soon...

It is indeed the same fender...I just slowly bent them back...Metal always wants to go back to its original shape...
Sometimes they need a little attitude adjustment...hahaha

No heat..Just by hand...I just pride them open slowly... Then to get them to open to shape i would curl the fenders as if I was trying to make a smaller curve and spread then out as I went along...then for the small dents a good old hammer and dolly...they still need work though don't let the photo fool you...

I have been there...but it was a few years ago when I still had my 1969 El Camino...
Are people bringing bikes now?

Latest posts

Back