made in china

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those had the same engine as the Celicas didn't they? I had a 77 Celica. 20R motor. Ended up with a Holley 450 cfm 4 barrel on it. Blew up 2 or 3 transmissions but it was fun.

Having worked in manufacturing in QC and process engineering, I think that "China made" is only as bad as the spec they were given and paid for. Quality items do come out of there if people want to pay for them (though, often they come from more mature manufacturing economies where the higher price tags can offset higher labor and possibly increased logistical costs). I can't speak for European businesses, but one of the first things US companies tend to cut to save money is QC because American corporations operate on quarterly shareholder returns that the C-suite bonuses are tied to, so nobody cares about much beyond that. QC is just a potential—not an absolute—liability that hopefully hits under the next CEO's tenure and I don't want to get into the weeds with customer demands and situation (I deleted a whole thing here), so I'll just leave it as being a combination of faults that can largely be attributed to human nature. China's complete disregard for IP is disgusting, though.

In order to build America we need to build it in America.
They already built America, there was a declaration, a constitution, a whole thing about slavery, a couple of wars, cool hats made out of racoons, people got real excited about the railroad for a while, it was wild.

Can't believe you missed it, U2 wrote a song about it and everything.

Is that the one about the streets having no name? Pizza deliverer's nightmare! Not coincidence that the next track on the album is "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"
My pizza got delivered to the wrong street just yesterday!

But I was referring to the song The hands that built America

They already built America, there was a declaration, a constitution, a whole thing about slavery, a couple of wars, cool hats made out of racoons, people got real excited about the railroad for a while, it was wild.

Can't believe you missed it, U2 wrote a song about it and everything.
Guess I missed all that, might have been taking a nap after a ride, and U2 who's that?

Latest posts

Back