LuxuryLiner Gone Trackin'

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The only place you get to view my newest ride! Nexus 4 Speed, Rechromed Roadmaster wheels, AMF MAG Sprocket and NOS Crest Deleuxe Tires. Other than that ALL ORIGINAL!

LuxLineSepia.jpg

:shock: WOW!

can we see it in color at least?

Color?! OK

Here's a color one so you can check it out. I bought this on the bay from a 2 x 3 inch photo. Needless to say the condition was not what I expected from the pics. Lots of elbow grease! I took it right down to the frame and basically rebuilt it.

LLcolor.jpg

What a sweet ride!

Gotta love the Nexus hub too.....is it fun to ride?

Nice work as always man. :wink:

Rides!

This thing rides like a Cadillac! THe best part is that after a complete tear down and rebuild it has no squeaks or rattles. It just kinda glides across the pavement. The gear ratio is a little high. It came with a 20 tooth rear sprocket which I thought would be perfect as my 7 speed Nexus has an 18 tooth. I think I need the 21 tooth for this one to get up the big hills!

It's funny, if you jump off one type of bike with a springer action and on to another it take a few minutes of riding to get used to the action. They all react differently. Also the Roller brake on this thing is like drum brakes on a car, you have have to start pulling the brake waaaaay before you need to stop. I guess the bike weighing 45 pounds and my 220 pound butt isn't meant to stop with just one rear brake!

Joe

Hey yeshoney...if you retake that top picture outside without the box in the center (lol) and do the black and white faded edge trick, you got a winner for sure. That bike is really cool, and the picture is neat in that style.

Latest posts

Back