Lugged Magna?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
obviously new Magna bikes are mostly big box store junk, but what is the story on this old Magna? I snagged it up at goodwill, because it was ready to ride at $15, but is it anything special? Was Magna a respectable bike during these days? Serial is "40304923" before paint and a "2" after paint: 1972 maybe?
DSC05084.JPG

DSC05086.JPG

DSC05087.JPG

DSC05088.JPG

FYI, the baby seat in the background came on the bike.

I know nothing about Magna bikes...but it looks very nice.
That's not a lot of work, to make this bike better.

I don't think your roadie was made by the same Magna company as the current department store bikes. At any rate, that is a very nice looking lugged frame. You can ride it as is or make a fixie or hybrid with it.

He's right, not the same Magna!~That frame looks really familiar, like a Panasonic? Anyway it was probably made for them.....Probably a good frame!

That is a great looking bike. I like the head tube logo. It does look lower end because of the cottered cranks and the stamped dropouts. It will work fine because it is in good condition.

I did see a lugged Magna 10 speed bike recently. It was a blue step through frame with drop bars and 24 in wheels.

Latest posts

Back