Lucky Lady

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The red paint is coming off easy, the original blue paint is another story. This is the first time I've stripped the paint off a frame, usually I'd sandblast it. I want to keep the door open for that natural metal look, or some variation of it!

I got back at it after work today. This blue paint doesn't want to come off.

Before I took her apart, my wife Susie sat on it and took her for a ride. The only comment she had was that the seat was kinda high. Well, the seat is already down all the way. I was already planning to put some kind of laid back seat post on it, switch would probably do the trick.

I was thinking about stretching the frame a little in front of the seat post. Maybe it would be better to move the back wheel back and up a little. I have an idea but it will require part of a second frame. The trick will be figuring how to mount the chainguard and rear fender.

Good question. I'm thinking I'll use a piece of 1/8' think steel on the inside of the fender and bolt into both areas of the frame.
Cool plan! That will hide everything nicely!

Luke.

Just make sure and watch your chain lines.
Raising the rear drops that much may affect the lower chain from clearing the chainstays.

this is sweet

Just make sure and watch your chain lines.
Raising the rear drops that much may affect the lower chain from clearing the chainstays.
After I saw your reply, I was wondering? I was thinking I could add a small third sprocket to get around the chainstays if I needed to.

So I quickly mocked it up this morning.

I think I'm going to be okay!

The chainguard is going the be a little problem. I'm going to have to stretch it and modify the mounts.

It's been a week since I last show an update. We do have two more months, right?!

Here's some photo of my seat post taking shape.

I'm going to use the seat that was on the bike, when I got it.

I cut up one of those solid posts that I had left over from last years build.

I kinda like the way it's lining up with the frame extension!

Latest posts

Back