LOSE WEIGHT(RIDE A VINTAGE BIKE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I subscribe to this! If you really want to lose some weight and get a "real" workout, old school is the way to go. One time I was riding beside a group of roadies in their fancy (and too tight) track outfits, zooming on their overpriced carbon fiber bikes and seeing them snicker and shaking their heads while watching me pedal twice as hard on my steel frame ride. In my head I was like, "Oh yeah, you guys think you're real athletes let's see you on this monster and let's see if you think it's still funny!" haha!
why%20i%20oughta.jpg

Earlier this year I had a bout of Diabetic ketoacidosis which put me in the ICU for three days and welcomed me into the wonderful world of type 2 diabetes

Now I try to put at least five miles a day on my old sears 12 speed road bike.

e49e1b42af45e75101f5c6367407cc5e.jpg

All steel and fairly heavy even after stripping most of it down.
But I'm not racing any one but myself and the point is cardio, and to burn off extra blood sugar.

I like that it is all steel and a beast. Makes me feel like I'm getting a better work out.

Last year we did a bicycle pub crawl and I used the Village Velo trike. Between the heft and the gearing, that was an adventure. Everybody else were on modern road and touring bikes. And our route was about 10 miles on city streets, at night, in the bar district and the VCU campus.

Of course, the trike got all the looks and questions

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I know, Its cool to go on one of those rides and have no trouble finding your bike in a crowded parking lot! LOL:thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back