Looking for info

May 14, 2009
Green Cove Springs, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m hoping someone can tell me a little more about this middleweight I picked up yesterday for $50. I was told it was from the 60s. Entered the serial number in a Schwinn bike page and it came up as being manufactured in 1957. Markings on the Wald fenders, AS & Co head badge, and wheels place it in the 60s as well. Vista grips, tires (26x1.75) and chain guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: nosferatu1381

nosferatu1381

Pro Member
Jul 28, 2014
nunya prolly
www.instagram.com
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
funny story about that green bike, Arnold Schwinn and Murray of Ohio. Those guys the execs wives were all friends and they kind of moved back and forth through ross snider etc. in the Ohio river valley bunch
Applicant has chosen a trademark for its rims and wheels which not only indicates the origin of the product, but which also does not detract from the appearance of the rim when it is used for its intended purpose.
After filing numerous additional affidavits and appearing at subsequent hearings, the files of the Patent Office indicate that the application was examined and passed for publication on October 15, 1952, and notice of allowance was issued on January 19, 1953. Despite the fact that the plaintiff through its president knew of the economic value of knurling, acknowledged in writing on November 6, 1951, the Patent Office was never advised of such fact. An examination of the file of the Patent Office fails to reveal that the question of functionality was ever presented to the Commissioner or raised by the Commissioner.

Initially, at the time of the application for the trademark, the plaintiff was manufacturing and marketing wheels which had two welds on the inner surface of the rim which were hidden by knurls. Thereafter, a lightweight rim was made of tubular steel which required only one welding seam, and thus one knurling process was used.

nosferatu1381

Pro Member
Jul 28, 2014
nunya prolly
www.instagram.com
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
anyway, all of that to say i think the green one is a Ross and the badge wound up on it at the department store. Ross and Schwinn were the cool kid bikes in Rochester in the late 50's so there you go, and now I am having a bad case of deja vu