Look what followed me home yesterday

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1983 Specialized Stumpjumper. Barely used. Seller threw in the original Bullmoose bars and original pedals also. Not quite a Ratrod but a nice piece of mtn biking history. Sorry about the cruddy pic. I am hiding it from my sig other here at work. She doesn't understand why I need so many bikes. Sellers photo, I will get a better shot when I sneak it home in the next few weeks.

stump.jpg

41DX said:
...I am hiding it from my sig other here at work. She doesn't understand why I need so many bikes.

That's sneaky thinking pal. I bet I could squirrel away a few bikes in my office... :mrgreen:

Great score, and just my size!!

i keep saying i am going the store to get cigs, or beer, or something.
i com back with bikes and put them in the crawlspace before my girl can see.
havent been caught.......yet!

you have an original stumpjumper. awesome!
my first real mountain bike was a rockhopper fs.
first mass produced bike with shocks.....the Future Shock, made by rock shox.
great bike. won a lot of races with that bike

By the looks of the tires, fenders, and rear rack I'd bet that the previous owner set it up as a commuter bike.

As far as your significant other is concerned, just clean up the bike and put a big red bow on it. Then when she's says something about it it go "Oh that was supposed to be a surprise for you!"

that thing needs to get back to klunker status. and get muddy!

I agree, the fenders and rack gotta go. The Bullmoose bar/stem will go back on also. Can't wait. Then it will be time to get it dirty.
As far as wrapping it in a big bow taking it home and giving it to my girlfriend, I did that last month with an old but minty fresh Yokota mtn bike I picked up. Not sure If I can get away with it twice in two months. Taking a break right now from cleaning garage, putting all the Xmas stuff back in the attic. Then she will be able happily park her car in the garage again (and I can slide in the Stumpy). Going for the approach I used last summer when I got the old Schwinn. Few more hooks in the garage ceiling, I will hide it between two other bikes. When she finally notices it, I will just smile and say, baby, I've had that for a while. Laughing and joking as I post this, but I am sure this will be the approach I use.

And yes, she can be a little high maintanance at times, but she is so worth it.....

That should be in a museum.

Latest posts

Back