long, low and slow x-53 (7-21 done)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: long, low and slow x-53 (6-2 more coolness)

if you decide to loose the skirt guards, i'd be interested in purchasing/trading for them.

the bike looks fantastic btw!

Alright thats a ...... lookin' bike! i love the skirt guards on it. It looks like a classic car but.. its a bike.. Nice car btw man..

thanks for all the kind words guys,

it gets along well with its new family!
family.jpg

i really havent done much to it the past couple days, im just waiting and being lazy on some parts.. ive been trying to get this guy running again
cousin.jpg

Re: long, low and slow x-53 (6-5 not too much new)

Trade somebody a bike for a whole new kit in the box, demand 80 cc if it's anything in these pics. :wink: Or fiddle diddle with it like a 650 Tiger 'cause it's fun :|

The skirts put up a fight, but i got a steady plan, i just have to bite the bullet and drill my virgin fenders

other than that.. ive got builders block...

HELP

well, i got a little inspired by my girlfriend, she brought me some casting resin to mess around with.

a quick trip to the hobby store and i found these cool molds used for making custom drawer pulls. i also found some cool little lobster charms (after my screen name) and got to work. i mixed in a bit of glitter and honestly i hope it comes out as good as i hope it does.

keychains.jpg

the plan is to put this on top of the rear rack to replace the chrome acorn nut. its also easy to drill this stuff so i can maybe put some LED's in it and use it as a kind of tail light...

the other one will be used for a drawer pull for my liquor closet! :wink:

you can see the acorn nut in this picture:
heavyrear.jpg

Re: long, low and slow x-53 (6-9 rack topper/tail light?)

That's smart! Great idea. I hope it will come out as good as it sounds. Wood be darn cool if you could shape this stuff as if it were plexiglass. One could make some unique headlightlenses. I'm thinking Indianhead of a pontiac...

8 - )

Now, let's get your girlfriend inspired from your work. Make her build a bike!

; - )

Re: long, low and slow x-53 (6-9 rack topper/tail light?)

as long as you have a mold, you can make this in to anything you want... this is my first attempt at anything like this. they have red dye that will turn the clear resin in to a opiate red clear, perfect for custom tail lights.

so i finally got to ride this bike, and as it turns out the front wheel is f*$&#d - i guess whoever crashed this bike in to a curb never got around to truing the wheel..

yay fun.... SNAP CLUNK SCRAPE SCRAPE SCRAPE
brokenbolt.jpg

i guess my 57 cad hubbys arent the most easy to mount parts... there goes my fun...

what i did do, is massage the fenders enough so the skirt would fit without tire scrapage

bigskirton.jpg

now i just have to work up the balls to drill my super rare virgin fenders... i can do it... trust me?

as far as my inspiration?
IMG_0052.jpg

here she is on my 38 wards hawthorne

and she IS a builder - she is building a 20" royce union in to a custom low low... i try to get her to post here, but she doesnt like it. she'd rather silently comment on my silly commentary...

but shes no slouch - heres her higgins

DSC_0003Medium-1.jpg

Re: long, low and slow x-53 (6-9 more fun?)

inspiration..
aww, she looks sweet! I hope I don't offend anybody by saying your pics remind me of Wonder Years. I mean the atmosphere of your photographs. The wheather, the surroundings, and all that beautiful stuff you've got... Is that a Buick, and is it yours?

Too bad your girlfriend doesn't like posting on forums, but that's indeed not for everybody.. As long as she's building. You could post her builds though.

Your bike is turning out great by the way, ...but you probably know that by now ; - ) Don't worry about that virging tin. If you know you can make a beautiful bike out of these parts some sacrifice has to be made.

That's hotrodding.

Now DRILL!

the black and gold bike is coming out great. i like the hubcaps a lot. get 'em back on there.

so i tested how steady my hand could be, and it proved to come out ok

here are my grubby mitts doing up the headlight
photo.jpg

also in this picture you can see a few shiny spokes, a friend of mine showed me how to true a wheel.. and break spokes... at the same time

heres the finished products

the headlight
headlight.jpg

the fender
fender.jpg

and the part im least proud of, the rack
rack.jpg

i kinda messed up the rack but then again, this is my first try at striping, i guess i didnt use enough spirits to get my paint to the right consistency. ill atempt later in the week to do the rear rack again, the rear fender and the tank.. i might do up a template in illustrator and do something funky on the downtube and the fender infront of the headlight.

i also want to add, that this thing rolls like .... cadillac, as a big man, this bike feels just great, it doesnt hurt to be rolling on new tires too.

for this week: install new crank without stripped threads, finish striping and maybe drill the fenders for the skirts. then its up to the lake for a fishing trip!

Re: long, low and slow x-53 (5-15 pin striping and broken spokes

i completed my lobster charm resin thing, and im quite proud of it..

the finished product.. my phone doesnt make the best camera, and it doesnt pick up the metal flake i mixed in with the resin

photo-1.jpg

i was thinking of using it as a headbadge, but the original headbadge is too cool...

pfahoto.jpg

so i put it on the back fender just as a temp thing..

phosto.jpg

Re: long, low and slow x-53 (5-17 custom headbadge/fender thing)

you have my vote. I like all your rides. 8) can you put the hubcaps on the front too.

Re: long, low and slow x-53 (5-17 custom headbadge/fender thing)

i could put the hubcaps on the front too, but, id have to work on some wacky brackets for it. annnndddd... i dont have any, im going to have to wait for the next swap

i also just spent some money on some original stickers for the bike too... soooo maybe.

Latest posts

Back