LONG forks, lets see them

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I'd join in ....
Origianl "Dark Journey" bike:
'08 Detroit Autorama .... 1st place RatBike division!
b6490dce.jpg

A new, more rideable version is in the makings. It should be completed in early spring.

"Ratasia", my first build off bike for ChopperBicycle.net. in 2006 Third place in RatBike BiuldOff!
025_23.jpg

Gigs riding Ratasia ...
005_4.jpg

"Rodentia". This bike has gone thru many chages! It all started because of this sites build off!
2007_0331Ratlastday0019.jpg

'08 Grand Rapids Autorama Rodentia:
35b0f5f9.jpg

The final version sports a new "splatter" paint job and I've replaced the tires with 20" in back and 16" up front instead of 26"rear and 20" front. Bike is lower and more enjoyable to ride!

Hope someone likes my crap! :lol:
Chainy

I would love to show my chop at the Detroit Autorama...That rocks. By the way a small detail that needs to be pointed out...the saw blade chain guard on Rodentia, awesome and creative. We all like playing with dangerous toys.

Moteurhead, You've gotta make it out some year! It gets crazy-cool. Last year We had so many FreakBikemembers enter, everyone else was wondering what was going on. We picked up a few new members and met some great people. This year should be even better! :shock:

I'm trying to find a pic of the deathbike me and a friend built in the 70s. A Huffy bmx with to long aluminum tent posts hammered unto the end of the forks! The tent posts were about 6 feet long and provided the feel of suspension thru some major flexing! :shock: My neighbor would ride anything I built, especially if he had no choice! :lol: I used his bike! :mrgreen: AAAhhhh, Good Times!

I'm with you RR, I wanna see some riding vid!
Very cool but why spend all that time and not set it up for easier pedaling? I still wanna ride this beast though! :p Steering has gotta get pretty wild too! ... and I still wanna ride it! :mrgreen:
Thanks,
Chainy

davidhud29,

that rear tire is awesome! Great idea! How hard was it to make the wheel work on the bicycle?

Unchained said:
davidhud29,

that rear tire is awesome! Great idea! How hard was it to make the wheel work on the bicycle?

It wasn't to bad once you figure how to do it. Just take a rear bike shaft and cut it in two. Take a piece of conduit that will fit close to the same size diameter and cut to appropriate length. Weld in a piece of all thread (or similar) to lengthen the inner threaded shaft. Now you have your new axle. Now weld a plate to mount in the wheel. I bought some bolts and wheel lugs to mount the plate so it can be removed if necessary. Weld bolts to plate, to line up with holes in wheel, cut a hole in the middle to slide shaft into (do this before welding new axle together). Now weld new axle in place in the plate. You now have the new axle assembly. Clear as mud? Good. You can also check out http://www.atomiczombie.com/product-overkill.htm If you want to get fancy.

my first rat, a few years ago, oh well, here it is again
100_6330.jpg

I have canabalized the cranks and headset for a denmark I'm building, still got the frame and forks, may make into a recumbant chopper?

I saw this bike :shock: at BikeRod and kustom, it says it was made in the 1980s

who says size doesnt matter :wink:

BRAINBRandK11footforks.jpg

Dorian

Dorian said:

Dorian
I don't know, Dorian............Looks like CONDUIT to me! :lol:

KOTA said:
Dorian said:

Dorian
I don't know, Dorian............Looks like CONDUIT to me! :lol:

If that fork is conduit I'll eat it :D The article doesn't say anything about what the forks were made with. But we could find out maybe :wink: ? http://bikerodnkustom3.homestead.com/Jo ... rview.html

Those forks are insane :shock: I don't think they would steer very well :?: but its cool anyways :p

Dorian

Latest posts

Back