Litespeed TITANIUM!!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
We got this in the shop yesterday, got it finished today, a true made in USA titanium frame, it came in for a new set of wheels,2013 FOX shock , shift levers,V brakes,crank set ect..., parts and repairs totalled $1600,(fox shock $800 alone) I guess the frame retailed around $1500 new, frame & shock weighed 7.5 pounds by itself,everything 25 lbs.
019.jpg

020-3.jpg

021-3.jpg

Beauty. I used to want a Litespeed softail (Taccoa?) very bad. I dreamed of driving to the factory in Chattanooga and picking it up. Oh well, at least my old Western Flyer was made in Tennessee.

Sell that guy a litespeed disc adapter and loose that V-brake.... he'll thank you!

wheelbender6 said:
Beauty. I used to want a Litespeed softail (Taccoa?) very bad. I dreamed of driving to the factory in Chattanooga and picking it up. Oh well, at least my old Western Flyer was made in Tennessee.

You should check out Lynskey, its the old Litespeed gang in a different company...

don,t think I have ever seen one , what is the great advantage super lite ? and does the frame flex at all ? or is it really rigid ?

billybikeKID said:
don,t think I have ever seen one , what is the great advantage super lite ? and does the frame flex at all ? or is it really rigid ?
Pretty uncommon bike, advantage ? light and strong. not alot of flex here.

Ti flexes more than steel so it may give a softer ride and can take a lot of flex without breaking while being lightweight. Aluminum is light but doesn't flex -just break. Steel will flex a bit but is heavy.

I wish TI was more affordable. I have two kids and a wife in college at the same time. I'm on a steel or aluminum frame bugdet for a while.

wheelbender6 said:
I wish TI was more affordable. I have two kids and a wife in college at the same time. I'm on a steel or aluminum frame bugdet for a while.

Sometimes it is affordable, I found one just like the one above at a flea market in Mexico for $80 bucks, guy that had it said he was asking $80 because it was a

very light "aluminum" frame :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back