Lipstick on a pig...........

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cman said:
The high flanges are cool. But as Curtis stated, in this thread " sealed bearings are pointless when you have to grease the shoes.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=44043

well how the heck did i miss that thread.....? :oops:

Rat Rod said:
I don't even think the hub looks all that impressive even with the new housing.

It is more industrial instead of refined(polished).

Bendix said:
well how the heck did i miss that thread.....? :oops:

Dunno. Interesting that nothing new has come out since then.

cman said:

It could use some more detail in the finish...seems kind of like a blank that hasn't gone through the engraving process yet.

Rat Rod said:
cman said:

It could use some more detail in the finish...seems kind of like a blank that hasn't gone through the engraving process yet.

Don't your fingers need a workout? :wink:

Rat Rod said:
cman said:

Your comments echo my thoughts too. It appears more like a hub that was built with the lowest common denominator in mind. Some unfinished aluminum and silk screening, meh.

Hey I'm all for trying something new, being unique, etc. But given the choice I think I'll rock an old Elgin air-cooled hub and pass on that particular high-flange.

TheFlyingDingo said:
I dont think its worth the money. Could be a heck of a lot cooler if it was drilled with some kind of nifty drilling, or holes or whatever.
If only they had this hub's designer help them out. :wink: :wink:

294302_136070073154352_136064833154876_198881_5627804_n.jpg

I am toying with the idea of doing coaster brake/multi-speed rear hubs. They would likely use even larger flanges. I have done coasters in the past using stock innards. We are talking Uber Cool hubs but with a serious price attached.

Needs fins on the center, like the Elgin/JC Higgins hubs! Kinda cool though, that brake arm is slick. Not $140 slick though! :lol: -Adam

Might as well put fins on it, they already knocked off a Phil Wood style body.

Latest posts

Back