Lil' Batman

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know that I was late for the kid bike build off, but the sooner the better! The bike I'm building will be Batman themed (more like Ratman). The colors will be flat black, gloss black, and yellow, to have that Batman appeal.

Here's the frame/wheels/crank I'm going to use. I got this bike for FREE so I don't care what I'm going to do with it. Remember, it's a 1997 Magna, not a Schwinn. :wink: The tubes are junk, the spoke protector and brakes dead, and the lack of hand grips give me a perfect opportunity to totally Rat this bike out!!!

batman2.jpg

batman3.jpg

batman4.jpg

Here are the handlebars I'm going to use. I need my dad's help to cut out the crossbar... so they'll be like apes.

batman1.jpg

Here are the tires I'm going to swap on the Batman bike. What I'm going to do is take them off the wheels and paint the sides of them YELLOW... so it will look like Batman, yellows walls will look nice on a black bike. I'm also going to paint the wheels gloss black.

batman5.jpg

Time to get to work!

Can't wait to see how the yellow walls look! 8)

The goose neck is wayyy too high for small apes, it just didn't look right.

Batman6.jpg

So I got a shorter goose neck from one of my dumpster bikes.

Batman7.jpg

"ROARRRR!!!!, I am the goose neck monster!!!" ... lol sorry.

Batman8.jpg

Comparing the high and short goose necks.

Batman9.jpg

Tomorrow I'm going to install it in the head tube. I won't do the painting yet, I will do that once the bike is structurally complete. :D

Alright, I'm done. Making the yellow walls took all morning, but it payed off. 8)

Batman10.jpg

Batman11.jpg

Batman12.jpg

Batman13.jpg

Batman14.jpg

So they aren't perfect, but come on now; not only were they homemade, but I LOVE RAT ROD BIKES!!! There's a little scratch on the yellow.... who cares! Leave it. :D

100_2087.jpg

metal back, appears to be reflective too!!! Not as white as pic makes it look. Yours if ya want it...

Ooooh man that is awesome!!! Too bad my parents won't let me give out my address. But 3 more years and I'm an adult. Thanks Mark very much for your generous offer though.

I installed the short goose neck in the head tube a couple of days ago. At first it was stuck, along with the seat, but WD-40 performed what it does best.

Batman15.jpg

I still have to clean the wheels though.

Batman16.jpg

Batman17.jpg

I want that spoke protector out! :wink: :D

Batman18.jpg

Watch out for the edges of those old brittle spoke protectors (aka dork disc)....I really cut
my thumbs up one night trying to get one off without taking the cassette off first. :roll:

It's just about like messing around with broken glass. :shock:

Latest posts

Back