lightweight stretch

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
like i said in the last build post, it's rideable and beats the deadline. leaves a lot to be desired though still. i think (compared to my own stretches), it did come out weighing a little less. i may hit the thrift stores and see if i can get a cheap bathroom scale and try to add some rough numbers to this before tomorrow.

Picture089-1.jpg

a bit of pic cheating i'll have to admit to. to be able to say it's rideable i had to switch to an 18" wheel. the fork is actually for a 16" but i was told a 20" would work with a 1.5" tire. i couldn't find one in time so this is the real rideable at this time version. the rest of the pics i stuck the 20" back on (with a 1.90 tire. just rubs a bit too much though).

Picture090-1.jpg

Picture091-1.jpg

Picture092-1.jpg

Picture093-2.jpg

doesn't ride too bad, but the ergos are a little off. i knew the seat to pedals would be a little short, but i figured it would be good for a shorter person (just realised i probaly should have put the seat back down for better looking pics). the seat to handlebars is more than i expected though, so there isn't that good slightly laid back riding position. not unbearable though. i think i can fix it, but as part of later tuning and parts finding (in particular a big pair of moon handlebars.

so i finished my first buildoff (barely). maybe if i try this again i can do better next time.

i think it came out pretty good it looks like its pretty comfy to ride .this was my first build off also . good luck.. and keep cutting em up

thanks. truthfully the ride isn't real bad, but not as nice as my regular rider.

i lined them up to see just what was different
Picture094-1.jpg

and you can see there's about a 3-4" difference in the reach to the bars. i think i can make some of that up during later tweeks and fixes.

i also picked up a cheap scale and found that of my derailleur stretches it is a bit lighter. my 18speed wcc stretch weights 63lbs, my favorite, in the pic (a 5speed), weights 57lbs (i'm not sure if i wanted to know that, now). this one weights 39lbs (7 speed), so i guess i can still say it's lightweight compared to the other two. i weighed a coaster brake one that's made like my favorite and it was only 35lbs (no springers, regular wheels) and , and just out of curiousity i pull my trek racer down and it was only 26lbs. so i guess in reality they're all pigs.

Latest posts

Back