Licensed To Ill(same name , new frame)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eparsons

They say I gotta go to rehab and I say NO NO NO
Pro Member
Reaction score
This is my first entry in a build off. I chose this name because the Beastie Boys licensed to ill was my first cassette way back in the day and figured it would be a cool first build off name. I am using a 2005 schwinn corvette frame that i got from Tinmachine. I will be changing the forks to a older style with truss rods. The seat post is a Slowriderz original, i also have a set of Plan nine customs bars(built poor) on the way. I am running a set of red 3G 57mm wheels with some phat white walls. I will post pics tomorrow after work with a total run down on the rest of the parts and a plan of action. Thank you for your interest in my build. :lol:
Here is a couple of the frame and fork(got the fork from a member awhile back but can't rember who). I'm not sure about this fork, i have a older one i may try out.
Here you can see the 3G wheels, these things look great with these fat white walls.
Up close of the wheels and tires, also the cranks that i got in a trade from member Bentrimcafe. I am undecided on the cranks, may just stick with the old school schwinn ones that Tinmachine put on the frame.
I love this tread pattern, so far these are the only pieces not bought from a member.
And last for now, the Troy Lee Designs seat i bought from Tater.
Thank you for checking my build out and i hope everyone is having as good of a time as i am.

Re: Licensed To Ill(Pics to come)

Already dig it. I almost did a B Boys themed build as a silent nod to MCA. "License to Ill" was an integral part of my childhood, yet it was their only album I didn't own until I recently scored it on vinyl at a local swap. Lots of great memories with the Beasties blaring in the background. Good luck with your build--I'll definitely be following this one!

looking forward to seeing this one.
Someone should do a Steampunk build and call it Brass Monkey.

wow love the description! will be watching for the pictures

troy

Re: Licensed To Ill(Now with Pics)

Pics added, glad everyone likes my idea so far. Ya deven if it wasn't for buying the tires from the bay i was going to call the build (Members Only) but i just loved that tread pattern. Tomorrow night i plan to try and start on the mock up.

I remember when you got that frame now. I had a similar frame that I Un-Built for some of the parts. The hollow part of it tends to echo road noise from your tires. Get some sort of foam and shove it up in there.

Love all of the parts you have lined up. Very cool stuff. I think about 80-90% of my parts came from RRBers.

That tire/rim combo is especially wicked!

Brass Monkey is playing in my head right now :lol: Those tires are sweet !!!

LukeTheJoker said:
Cassette? What is that? :lol:
IMG_0212.jpg

:p

:D Nice cant wait to see her finished,i got one of those frames :wink:,might borrow some of your idea's,Thanks.

As much as i like the old school cranks, i really would like to see the newer 2pc/3pc ones on there. A little more "meat" ya know?

Ok fellow members, I have a question for yall. The fork I really want to use has a steering tube that is to long. Should my local bike shop be able the thread the tube down lower for me? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

MplsCoaster said:
One of my LBS will thread it down but at $20 per inch :roll:

crazy, $5 and mine will thread the hole thing if you wanted :|

Did some mocking up today and think i need to play with the seat some. Going to use a different fork but i need to have it threaded some more. Love the way the bars look, makes the bike look aggressive. I think its going to be a real responsive bike sort of like a pro touring car.

This is the fork i am going to use.

Hope yall like the progress so far.

Latest posts

Back