Let's see your Western Flyer's

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my 1951 model...

SouthernFlyercover_zps2874668f.jpg

24-1385859000-172d60c729650e0616695a4c7d99940d.jpg

Last edited:
The blue WF was my first bike as an adult, a $10 garage sale find (without the bell, headlight, and siren), its was my only bike for about 6 or 7 years, then I discovered the group of folks now known as the Coasters Bicycle Club and the number of bikes grew to dozens. The addiction is now under control, I/we now only have a couple of dozen bikes.
The green WF was going to be flipped, I put tires on it and was going to sale it, until CrazyMae seen it, and TOLD me I was not going to sell it ,that it was now hers. Oh Well.

This WF is the Rust Rat my RRBBO3 build. A Huffman built bike related to the Twin-Flex.

with cream Electra 2.35 tires.

Not sure how I missed this thread but here we go.
I have a few WF bikes and a couple have been sold.

One of my first was this late 60s Sabre Flyer tanklight. I see there is another posted here....sold this one

e9enyhe3.jpg

Here is the earlier of the 2 Sabre Flyers...this one with a springer

ypubu7a9.jpg

6y9ahaja.jpg

tujera3y.jpg

Just sold this one
Huffman Deluxe WF badge.
9ahapaby.jpg

Here is a 65 or 66 WF Strato Flyer.....this one may be going on the market soon.

navyqa6u.jpg

a7usugym.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mine I got last week, also posted in fresh finds. not sure the year or other info, liek who built it ?

sorry for the bad pic, was getting late.

my '47

9428857535_49f48fff6c_b.jpg

...although it has a rack on it now, but I don't have any good pictures of it that way.

heres my 39 western flyer with art deco child seat.
CAM00156.jpg

Not sure if Western Flyer or Sears...any ideas? My only hint that it may be a Sears, is the chrome cap on the fork. Anyway, I have dubbed it the 'Deco Flyer'. Part BMX, part Lowrider, with a Deco flair.

DSCF0182.jpg

DSCF0181-1.jpg

DSCF0189.jpg
Great little bike. Looks like you used one rear fender to make both the front and the rear fender. Great look.

Picked this Western Flyer up the other day and put some new tubes in and a few small adjustments and been riding it a good bit since. Gf's birthday is the 5th so gave it to her earlier this evening as a early present, she loves it and wants to fully restore it.

hu5e5azy.jpg

Removed the basket to try and straighten it out alittle...

adupyner.jpg

eqebupu5.jpg

y5e6avab.jpg

esymetuv.jpg

Thinking its a 50's model but maybe someone can tell me for sure...

35x10
MOU

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2
That is such a cool gift. Anyone can buy a clothing gift. But something like this is always remembered as an Original gift. Very Cool

Latest posts

Back