Let's see your old motorcycles!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my old motorcycle. 1972 SL 100...slightly modified ;)
Before...
HPIM1788.jpg

After
HPIM0619.jpg

Going down south in about an hour to pick this one up...if it's worth it. (fingers crossed!!)

motorcycle101.jpg

IRide,
Nice job on your Honda 100 bobber. Do you have a build sheet, photos or information on the build? It was a great idea turning a dirt bike into a bobber.
Dan

Ironhead+%25282%2529.JPG

This is my '68 Harley Ironhead . Hardtailed , stretched back about 5" .

IMG_0479.JPG

This is my '79 Shovelhead - getting a quick brake pedal mod.

100_3832.JPG

This is my '68 Triumph project - which has been sitting like this for years as I either don't have the time or money to get it any further along .

that Honda SL is sweet. That's the bike I learned to ride on.

and I like the Ironhead too, cuz I rode a '77 for 11 years.

Hey Chainsaw, the guy that Painted that bike was most likely Ron Finch.. He is still alive and a chopper ledgend! That bike needs to be repainted by Ron Finch and restored to its former glory...That picture made my heart race, its very cool!

USbikeswaptrip449-1.jpg

That is Ron top row in the middle.

Here is a picture of my 74 Norton Comando 850. I bought it from a friends dad who was the first owner. It only has about 6500 miles in it. It came from Sunset Motors in Kenosha Wi, home of the "Hogslayer". All of the service work has been done by T.C. Christenson.

http://www.nortonhogslayer.com/

hg.jpg

atomic1 said:
Hey Chainsaw, the guy that Painted that bike was most likely Ron Finch.. He is still alive and a chopper ledgend! That bike needs to be repainted by Ron Finch and restored to its former glory...That picture made my heart race, its very cool!

USbikeswaptrip449-1.jpg

That is Ron top row in the middle.

Thanks Atomic! I've tried several times to get the cycle but my wife's uncle would he rather it rot under his ownership than to preserve it. What sucks is he more than has the money to restore the bike, but he has no interest in it. If he lived closer to me I would probably just go a liberate in from his clutches! He probably wouldn't even realize it was missing!
My wife and I run into Finch quite often at the local shows and he's always had the time to talk with us. My wife even made him sandwiches at Detroit's Autorama a couple of years back and hung out with him, his wife and crew alot during the show. Ron is definitely one of the best builders ever! He's a real down to earth person who still has the passion after all these years! I would love to get him out on a bicycle ride with us. He's told me that there have been a few bicycles built in his shop over the years. I really need to press him for the possibility of pics of the bicycles! He's only a few miles from me so maybe I should see if I could pester him a little.

I promise to keep harassing the uncle until my last breath!

I built this bike a few years ago, 1978 HD FXE Superglide, started with a pretty stock bike, i did all the work myself even the paint and im not a painter, in order to fit the 300mm rear tire i had to cut and widin the rear frame and build a jackshaft swingarm to get the chain around the tire, i just sold it im not able to ride wright now im on the heart transplant list waiting for a heart, some day i will build another, this is the third custom bike i have built. Sulley

Before
006.jpg

After
003-11.jpg

Sulley said:
I built this bike a few years ago, 1978 HD FXE Superglide, started with a pretty stock bike, i did all the work myself even the paint and im not a painter, in order to fit the 300mm rear tire i had to cut and widin the rear frame and build a jackshaft swingarm to get the chain around the tire, i just sold it im not able to ride wright now im on the heart transplant list waiting for a heart, some day i will build another, this is the third custom bike i have built. Sulley

I hope it yielded you a nice profit what with all the work you put into it.
Sorry to hear about your health problem. May everything go well for you.

Latest posts

Back