Let's see your old motorcycles!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man, yea i sold it to another Shovelhead guy and i was happy with the price i got, i just wanted it to go to someone that was in the know with Shovelheads and would take care of it, he told me he would be willing to sell it back to me if i ever want it back. Sulley

This was my '74 CB750. It was originally chopped up in the late 70's by some unknown hack artist and I got it in complete but unridable condition. I rewelded a few things, added the pinstriped sportster tank, rebuilt the engine and carbs, laced a harley wheel to the honda drum brake hub, added forward controls, installed the wrapped straight pipes, rewired the entire bike, etc. etc. etc. The engine was bored and stroked to 1050cc. I got a couple of years of enjoyment out of it before selling it. The trail on this thing was almost 18 inches, making it a real bear to ride. No front brake, and a drum brake out back meant it would barely stop and liked to lock the rear wheel up in the rain. So it was impossible to steer and would not stop. But it would go like nothing else I have ever owned when you got down on it.

06-22-07_1859.jpg

06-22-07_1900.jpg

06-22-07_1901.jpg

06-22-07_1902.jpg

07-22-07_1738.jpg

07-22-07_1739.jpg

Sulley said:
I built this bike a few years ago, 1978 HD FXE Superglide, started with a pretty stock bike, i did all the work myself even the paint and im not a painter, in order to fit the 300mm rear tire i had to cut and widin the rear frame and build a jackshaft swingarm to get the chain around the tire, i just sold it im not able to ride wright now im on the heart transplant list waiting for a heart, some day i will build another, this is the third custom bike i have built. Sulley

Before
006.jpg

After
003-11.jpg
...I'm a shovel-lover also...this is(was) my '80 80ci FXEF w/ a wide glide front end & dual discs & a FL-style rear fender...sure do miss her...
DSCN0355.jpg

Nice, love the color, yea i miss mine to, theres nothing like the sound of a Shovelhead. Sulley

Latest posts

Back