Let's see your old motorcycles!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many of you guys got your old motorcycles or at least pictures or stories of them? I would prefer hearing about bikes built before 1976. I believe that alot of the bikes built after this period were way more user friendly. I loved watching overweight and underpowered (by todays standards) motorcycles tearing up both the earth and their riders! I would really like to see offroad cycles but streeters are o.k. Let's see your old crossers, iceracers, speedway, trials, flattrackers or anything else that darn neared killed you back in the day!

Happy Birthday...Chainsaw..Let me blow the dust off one of my old pc's and dig some pics out..Maybe then I should burn them to disc..LOL

Chainsaw said:
How many of you guys got your old motorcycles or at least pictures or stories of them? I would prefer hearing about bikes built before 1976. I believe that alot of the bikes built after this period were way more user friendly. I loved watching overweight and underpowered (by todays standards) motorcycles tearing up both the earth and their riders! I would really like to see offroad cycles but streeters are o.k. Let's see your old crossers, iceracers, speedway, trials, flattrackers or anything else that darn neared killed you back in the day!

OK, Birthday Boy, here goes...

Per your request, here are a couple of pix just taken of the CZ armadni (military) sickel. It's made up from a farm bike (actually two of 'em) that I bought many years ago and started doing up from the ground-up last year...
armadni2.jpg

armadni1.jpg

Since you like to know about CZs, Jawas and the like, here are pics of my Jawa/Velorex sidecar combo and the CZ 350 Sport I sold late last year...
jawaside.jpg

cz350-1.jpg

cz350-2.jpg

I sold the CZ as it wasn't getting ridden, pretty much replaced by my Kawasaki Estrella one-off factory custom...
myestrella1.jpg

...the new owner of the CZ is so buzzed with it that he e-mails me with updates! Cool, eh?

This is the Vespa Kustom I mentioned in the other post. It's a Factory 50th Anniversary reissue of a 1962 Vespino 50S, and has an 80cc Polini kit and trick zorst, TJ Tuck 'n Roll threads and is about to go to get early 60s-style pinstriping. There's also an as-purchased pic with my restored '59 Velosolex that I've owned since '89...
nuthrds1lo-res.jpg

quintessentialFrenchItalian50s.jpg

Promise to shoot progress pix of the CZ racer for your viewing pleasure. Cheers. 8)

O.k. you guys got me more than a little confused as to how you knew it was my Birthday Party Day (actual birthday was Tuesday the 19th). Thanks a bunch!
I love the individual characteristics of all the old bikes! I will spend a little more time looking over your posts tomorrow and i'll try to come up with some of my old pictures and stories. Gotta get going and accomplish something before the party. I'm looking forward to this little get together. Lot's of friends are planning on showing.
Thanks again,
Chainy

Barn-fresh 1972 Honda CB450. It's my first proper motorcycle, I hope to get her running in the Summer. Double overhead camshaft! :)

2933916835_984655cbd3.jpg

Hugo

Some pics of my old bikes, me and me mates didnt really take many pics of each other back in the day :) but here are a couple will see if me mam has any in her box of pics tommorow.....
MY Z650 CHOP...
oldpicboris.jpg

MY Z1000 TRIKE IN PROGRESS...
trike.jpg

MY OTHER Z650 CHOP....
Jul21140.jpg

At work tommorow [doh! second sunday on the trot! so many accidents after the cold snap we had!] so will find some pics when i get in :)

:) Feralkid MAD MAX ROCKS! Love the Duck! ......Also that pic of the guy in the little car with the side mounted Harley Engine I remember that Pic years ago in Easyrider Magazine!! How Weird that i remember :D !!

Hey bros, thanks for some classic pix. Love seeing some of those '70s stretch choppers (the guys that founded AMEN were friends of mine nearly 40 years ago) and the Brit bobbers. Ya gotta love Ben Harley on his chariot and that serious lookin' kid with the Cushman Eagle.

Look forward to see what else turns up on this page. Ride safe.

PS: Isn't it funny (strange) that a bunch of bikers are playing around with old bicycles? :shock:

Here's Gig's Uncle Ron's bike ...
Gig's brother Jeremy (Big Daddy Double on the FBN board)
big-daddy1.jpg

Uncle Ron and Gigs ....
ronndorachopperfull.jpg

The pic with Gigs in it was after the bike was painted by some guy named Finch. The forks are also a Finch product.

Chainsaw said:
O.k. you guys got me more than a little confused as to how you knew it was my Birthday Party Day (actual birthday was Tuesday the 19th). Thanks a bunch!
I love the individual characteristics of all the old bikes! I will spend a little more time looking over your posts tomorrow and i'll try to come up with some of my old pictures and stories. Gotta get going and accomplish something before the party. I'm looking forward to this little get together. Lot's of friends are planning on showing.
Thanks again,
Chainy

Hi, apologies for getting the date wrong. Hope the milestone birthday bash went well. :D

Love the shots of your Uncle Ron's sickels. I still relate to the old skool chopper look. Cheers.

Boris said:
:) Feralkid MAD MAX ROCKS! Love the Duck! ......Also that pic of the guy in the little car with the side mounted Harley Engine I remember that Pic years ago in Easyrider Magazine!! How Weird that i remember :D !!
haha yeah its one of the best movie series imo it was excellent up until beyond thunderdome haha.I hear that mad max 4 is in the making

Feralkid said:
Boris said:
haha yeah its one of the best movie series imo it was excellent up until beyond thunderdome haha.I hear that mad max 4 is in the making
Agree! Thunderdome was ok but not as good as the others! You may have noticed from my other posts on this thread that i'm a Kwacker [Kawasaki] fan! thats how the duck got his name i think. 4TH film in the making :shock: :shock: WOW!

Picture001.jpg

Picture003.jpg

here is my 1976 kz400 that i am going to be using as my daily driver once my child is born in June i am just saving up some cash for a ignition coil and brakes and tires cause the ride is awesome condition with only 2390 miles on it i also need a a new clutch case cause wile i was testing the ignition cail we cracked the case.........

A little later than what you asked for, But I bought this 1979 KZ1000 new and still have and ride it
IMG_3953.jpg

i have a few old projects in various states of disrepair. lol

oldest to newest

1960 ducati ts americano 200
cid_F0872B1269E04C1992046D555349-1.jpg

1964 yamaha omaha trail 80 step through dirtbike (with heel toe shifter)
IMG_1298-1.jpg

1967 yamaha 305 big bear scambler
IMG_1302-2.jpg

1971 yamaha twin jet 100
IMG_1961.jpg

and last but not least my 1971 cd (not cb) 175 cafe project
IMG_2709.jpg

with any luck, i'm hoping to purchase either this 67 big bear or 66 suzuki scrambler tomorrow .(perhaps both)
32137ik_20.jpg

8981njc_20.jpg

i'm not sure why i love the old small cylinder bikes so much, but i do. :)

Latest posts

Back