Let's see those Kona HumuHumu & Kona A'Ha

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wrapped the build up on this today. Stoked on it.

967BD023-EB5A-4F68-B496-715CDD3DBC1C.jpeg
A76F42B5-72A0-4584-996B-039FD19FBBDD.jpeg

214D383F-F418-45EA-9065-9A13DCAB432D.jpeg

RIGHT THATS IT! seen as im not allowed to even hop on any of my bikes for at least 1 month im going to fork out and start making my own wheels! Ive always been jealous of the wheel builders on here , its time I joined this caper!
I agree with matti, the cabling looks great , compliments the whole bike! im also liking the silver with red accent's, thats why "Wildcat" got a vote from me purely due to paint and presentation with that step through silver n red.
this bike presents as a clean well built machine and im a real big fan of single cog up front with heaps at the back! you got me with that too!

IMG_2380.jpeg

I was fortunate enough to recently pick up a Humu Deluxe from the original owner. He called it his “old-man” bike. 26” hoops, nexus 3 speed gripshift (yuck), mechanical discs (original pads!?!?), up and forward stem, and pretty tall BMXish bars. It took me all of about 2 days to leave it alone.

-Stans Arch Ztx 27.5 tubeless wheelset (cassette rear hub is being replaced with a 135mm single speed disc hub
-RideFarr st Supariser Chromo moto-bars
-JW components trail stem 43mm
-lizard skins mtb grips
-selle Italia ergo mtb seat
-RaceFace alloy seatpost
-Chris King headset
-Tech4 Hydro brakes
-Supacaz MTB pedals

Below pic was me just futzing around with some moto bars and the wheelset to get a feel for the aesthetic. Pretty much everything hash changed since then. I’ll have the rear wheel back in my hands in the next couple of days and get this thing together.

Attachments

• IMG_2563.jpeg
    IMG_2563.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
Wrapped this one up last night and took it on the OG Klunker Krew ride along the American River bike trail and Sac State/East Sac. This bike absolutely MASHES! I can only imagine how it will feel once I get the feel for it 100%.

More detailed pics and build info on my IG: @o_g_klunker_krew.

IMG_2824.jpeg
IMG_2825.jpeg
IMG_2826.jpeg

RIGHT THATS IT! seen as im not allowed to even hop on any of my bikes for at least 1 month im going to fork out and start making my own wheels! Ive always been jealous of the wheel builders on here , its time I joined this caper!
I agree with matti, the cabling looks great , compliments the whole bike! im also liking the silver with red accent's, thats why "Wildcat" got a vote from me purely due to paint and presentation with that step through silver n red.
this bike presents as a clean well built machine and im a real big fan of single cog up front with heaps at the back! you got me with that too!

Thank you. The hubs are actually pink. Chris king did pink around 2016. I’d been looking for these hubs for a few years now. Hunting for a pink Salsa lip lock in 35.0 as well. Quite tough to come by.

While not as fancy as many of the Humu's posted (definitely not as fancy as those titanium examples, lol), I thought that I would post a couple images of my pub cruiser for those of you who are interested in keeping tabs on the different variations of the HumuHumu. I can no longer recall what year this one was made (I bought it used a long time ago), but I do remember that in addition to this copper color, it was also offered in a dark blue color for this year model. The handlebars that Kona originally included were more of a beach cruiser style. Coaster brake only this model year.

humuhumuSide.jpg

humuhumuFrontSide.jpg

While not as fancy as many of the Humu's posted (definitely not as fancy as those titanium examples, lol), I thought that I would post a couple images of my pub cruiser for those of you who are interested in keeping tabs on the different variations of the HumuHumu. I can no longer recall what year this one was made (I bought it used a long time ago), but I do remember that in addition to this copper color, it was also offered in a dark blue color for this year model. The handlebars that Kona originally included were more of a beach cruiser style. Coaster brake only this model year.

View attachment 250621
View attachment 250622
@Otto (Spelled Backwards)
Check that out

Latest posts

Back