Lets See Those 26" BMX Styled Cruiser Builds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's an 1983 26" Huffy. Looks like the same frame and forks. If I could see the dropouts better I could tell.
46efe1b0e229e1c87e51e0040479342b.jpg

@Chuy http://www.kridleytech.com/bikevin.htm

I stumbled upon this chart , If the info is correct, your bike was manufactured by Huffy Ace (Ramiko) and it's more likely an 83 model

Edited:

upload_2018-4-28_21-51-8.png

I noticed your bike's neck has the exact handlebar neck as the 83 Huffy Super Thunder, so your bike HAS to be an 83 Huffy Super Thunder that has been customized and repainted while the Huffy Badge was preserved and not painted over

Last edited:
Here's one that someone is converting, looks like the same as your frame, if it says Colorado.
4e7d3553bab9211d70990191a90bf30d.jpg

@Chuy http://www.kridleytech.com/bikevin.htm

I stumbled upon this chart , If the info is correct, your bike was manufactured by Huffy Ace (Ramiko) and it's more likely an 83 model

Edited:

View attachment 73921

I noticed your bike's neck has the exact handlebar neck as the 83 Huffy Super Thunder, so your bike HAS to be an 83 Huffy Super Thunder that has been customized and repainted while the Huffy Badge was preserved and not painted over

Previous post shows the same exact bike I have. Color, sticker, wheels, bars, stem are all matching. It’s back to being a gold-ish Huffy Colorado.

When I removed the rust from the wheels today they had this stamp.
“SUN METAL PROD. INC. 1 81”
Probably left over set from 81 if this is a 83?

99f4e38dd4f1c22e027b8d05acc28636.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had an 84 Emory with 82 Sun Metal rims. The SA hub on it was an 84 model. So I think they stockpiled those rims. The rim looks in very good condition. I think you have a complete original bike, right down to the tires. I would keep all the original stuff stored away in case someone offers a fortune for it. But I would change it up to make a one speed or 2 speed with nice rims and tires with a Brooks saddle. Although the paint isn't a flashy color, it's still original and in good condition.

I had an 84 Emory with 82 Sun Metal rims. The SA hub on it was an 84 model. So I think they stockpiled those rims. The rim looks in very good condition. I think you have a complete original bike, right down to the tires. I would keep all the original stuff stored away in case someone offers a fortune for it. But I would change it up to make a one speed or 2 speed with nice rims and tires with a Brooks saddle. Although the paint isn't a flashy color, it's still original and in good condition.

I also think it’s a complete all original bike down to the brake pads. Hard as a rock and worn down. Everything I took off of it has been tagged and bagged.

If someone offers a fortune and a good home for it, I’ll consider letting it go.

I appreciate you and everyone’s else’s help and input. I’ll make a post for the bike with lots of pictures. This bike took over this thread for a bit. Thank you.

That looks pretty darn close.
Here’s a updated naked shot of the bike.

688f81c2e3611b3ec4beab568dd08661.jpg

Rcvd this from Huffy today:
"81741= date code= 1981 when bike was made

A= Azusa , Ca where made

26541= model number"

That should be a wrap.

Kona 26" Aluminum HumuHumu that came stock with a mountain bike style flat riser bar, cool orange color that sometimes looks yellow depending on the light. Awesome rider!!!
Updates:
S&M Husky MX bars/stem & grips
Maxxis Holly Rollers 2.4
Shimano MTB BB
Shimano MX freewheel
Brooks B17 Saddle
Salsa seat clamp
Richey Seatpost
Box Three brakes & levers

IMG_4032.JPG

IMG_4033.JPG

Last edited:
Kona 26" Aluminum HumuHumu that came stock with a mountain bike style flat riser bar, cool orange color that sometimes looks yellow depending on the light. Awesome rider!!!
Updates:
S&M Husky MX bars/stem & grips
Maxxis Holly Rollers 2.4
Shimano MTB BB
Shimano MX freewheel
Brooks B17 Saddle
Richey Seatpost
Box 3 Brakes & Levers
View attachment 74560
View attachment 74561

Great looking bike, Irideiam!! I can't believe how much the Humu frame looks like the Schwinn Heavy Duti. I'll post up a couple pictures of the HD I'm building.

Latest posts

Back