Lets See Those 26" BMX Styled Cruiser Builds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1980 Schwinn Cruiser, S2's, Tires are S&M Speedball 2.4's 110 PSI, S&M Husky MX 4 Speed bars, Cebe stem, Sugino 40t snow flake, restored Ashtabula cranks, chrome KKT's, Tange forks. Rides effortlessly with these 110 PSI S&M tires!

IMG_3997.JPG
IMG_3998.JPG
IMG_3999.JPG
IMG_4001.JPG
IMG_4002.JPG
IMG_3975.JPG
IMG_4003.JPG

Those are one of custom bars they had in their shop, they got made for fun and were just sitting there, by luck I asked and he sent me a pic of these bars. I'll reach out and see if they will make some more. I don't see why not, they will build you pretty much everything custom. They make all of ALS Rapid Transit bars from what I was told.

Reminiscent of the bars that the 80's BMX Cruisers were on. Very cool

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
ARNOLD from S&M said he would look to see if they had anymore, and if not talk to the fabricator to see if they could do limited run, but, it will be awhile, he broke both wrists this last weekend on his bike! Ouch!

Update on 24" Huffy Good Vibrations: Added grips from a recent Huffy cruiser and a Black Ops layback seat post. Short cranks (5-1/2") means that gearing is low, but fun for cruising the neighborhood.
IMG_0195.JPG
IMG_0193.JPG

Some progress on the Peugeot. Borrowed a few bits from my worksman (
85c1963929ca4494cbafaaa761c40925.jpg
snakebelly’s and stem). I had to see it as a roller.

Maxy Cross cranks- 170mm, a little short for me but they’ll do for now.
Unnamed forks - they married nicely
Super Big Honkin Bars

Waiting on a SR stem , triple trap pedals and considering picking up some Vans Cult wheels and some new waffle grips.
ea1527a01f328cacc6f32d2ce32cdcbf.jpg

Latest posts

Back