LETS SEE HAWTHORNE BICYCLES !!!!!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the Schwarthorne- part Hawthorne, part Schwinn
theSchwarthorne.jpg

headbadge-2.jpg

My RRBBO4 was a Hawthorn, I found the frame and fork in a pile of bike junk that was headed to the scrap yard. Actualy got about 5 bike frames, this one had a badly rusted crank and had to be cut off. Two sets of fenders and 72 spoke rims that are nicely rusted now get it on the road again!
R1-0A.jpg

R1-7A.jpg

R1-8A.jpg

Another Hawthorne to the collection. that some long time ago made into a exercise bike.
008-5.jpg

007-2.jpg

006-1.jpg

001-4.jpg

fenderhole said:
See my Hawthorne? You got it! :D

degreaser.jpg

That's one of the coolest bikes I have ever seen!
Great job man!

i just picked up this 1968 hawthorne
all original , and in wicked shape , man i cant wait to get a set of springers for the front .
hawthorne2.jpg

come to think of it , some cool grips and seat would be nice too
hawthorne1.jpg

and those original tires are goin on the shelf in the garage

working on this bike and figured it's picture worthy now. how do u guys like it? i know it's a hawthorne, just haven't figured out the year. if some one can help me out thats cool. serial number is h211479. the original fork was stripped and bent so it got scrapped. got this fork from a local shop who just so hap to have it in stock. got the bike for 10 bucks. all i did to it was new fork, fork/neck bearings, pedals, grips, chain, tires. the bars i had in a closet and cut them down 2 inches on each side. i am about to take it all apart and repaint it the same color and clear coat to make it looks shine more.

24690_435839783355_507233355_569873.jpg

24690_435839638355_507233355_569872.jpg

I have my main ride, a 24" 1960 Hawthorne twin bar with SA 3-speed coaster brake. Clear coat bare metal. Nothing on the frame is original anymore.

DSCN2031.jpg

And my next project. 1939-40 hunk of barn rust. One of the few years that they had the curved fender braces. Still don't know what I'm doing with it, but it will probably get the new SA 2-speed kickback.

hawthorne.jpg

Latest posts

Back