Let Me Spout Off

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
At the risk of being a dxxx, I'd like to complain about the "ebay" sidebar that pops up on this site - most all pages. EBAY has become irritating enough and to have it contaminate this nice site is a sin. it slows down the page - everytime you refresh or go to another page you gotta wait for that "SPAM". if i want to see ebay, i open a browser and go there. but i'm not there, i'm here, by choice!

how about dumping the scourge ebay all together from this site - or allow the members to opt out of their spam with a "preference" setting. If i mentioned "ratrodbikes.com" in one of my ebay listings, EBAY prix would pull my auction. we all know that's true. how about we treat them the same. that sidebar is SPAM of the worst kind, EBAY spam.
maybe you could show random ratrod bikes in the sidebar instead.
how about it? :x

backpedaler said:
At the risk of being a dxxx, I'd like to complain about the "ebay" sidebar that pops up on this site - most all pages. EBAY has become irritating enough and to have it contaminate this nice site is a sin. it slows down the page - everytime you refresh or go to another page you gotta wait for that "SPAM". if i want to see ebay, i open a browser and go there. but i'm not there, i'm here, by choice!

how about dumping the scourge ebay all together from this site - or allow the members to opt out of their spam with a "preference" setting. If i mentioned "ratrodbikes.com" in one of my ebay listings, EBAY prix would pull my auction. we all know that's true. how about we treat them the same. that sidebar is SPAM of the worst kind, EBAY spam.
maybe you could show random ratrod bikes in the sidebar instead.
how about it? :x

Yeah you must have a crappy computer or viruses. Those ads don't slow my computer down one bit. I'm sure a generous donation from you would help, but your money might be better spent on a computer above a Pentium 166. Just my opinion... :roll:

Yeah you must have a crappy computer or viruses. Those ads don't slow my computer down one bit. I'm sure a generous donation from you would help, but your money might be better spent on a computer above a Pentium 166. Just my opinion... :roll:

uh no - 2 core2duo, and a couple of atom laptops - all new and clean. i'm not a computer newbie :wink:

Though I can understand the point said, if ratrod has to get money for his site which he lets us enjoy for free, then by all means, I dont argue when someone gives me a cool gift, and most of us get those hard to find parts on ebay so you cant completly beat 'em, and its easy to see why it was done.

deorman said:
It's not spam, it's sponsorship. Invest in some filter software, or use what your net service provides.

are you saying there's filter software out there that will allow me to be on this page and filter out that side bar spam . . ur . . i mean sponsorship? what software would that be? :shock:

I'm not surewhat you're using for a browser, but I suspect some windows variant. Give firefox a shot, you can easily customize whats allowed to appear on your screen. 8)
Also, try turning off java while browsing here, see if that works for you. It does here, but I still click the odd add or 3 to help support the site.
Rick

hey thanks deorman and rick74304 for your input. firefox java option thingy works. now i can stop drinking and relax . . .

Latest posts

Back