LED conversion

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not my technique. Just something I found on line that had a nice step by step explanation for those of us who do not know a lot about the electronics.
I think most members on here are not looking to build future antiques. They are just looking to have some fun on the cheap and if it eventually needs to be redone no big deal.

My flashlights cost a dollar for 3 about 3-4 years ago at the dollar store. The conversion has lasted that long with several battery changes. I rode my bike with head and tail light conversions last week in the Christmas parade. I think the problem with these chepo LED flashlights is with the way the battery holder contacts with the LED. I have had no problem with either my Radio Shack battery holder or the original flashlight battery holder when I soldered the connections. Bikes are hard on lights anyway with all the bouncing. I have a lot of old tire generator light systems that no longer work. I was thinking about hanging one on my bike as a decretive item and still use the led conversions.

Latest posts

Back