BO15 Lean Mean Green Machine

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good bud, awesome grand baby too!

Be sure to get that, lock nut on the crankset though.
[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. The lock nut is re-installed. I took it off after installing it because the washer covered the lettering.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Had a quick hour to work on the LMGM before a nasty thunder bumper storm came through.

Got the chainguard and "exhaust system" mounted. Still need to finish the wiring though. Tightened up a few bolts and thought I would take a quick spin before the rain started, but it wasn't meant to be. Approaching the end of the drive, I saw a car coming and instinctively pedaled backwards to stop. The pedals went back far more than expected!. Crap. Forgot to bolt down the brake arm!
Walked the LMGM back to the shed and got the tools picked up and headed for the house.

Oh well. Still got another month to get this finished.
9a1c839c001571ab0e64186b69e432df.jpg
ac689d5e5adb7eafa4cc7d7af8eb2358.jpg
004d6492f86913ac3b30db8e900f900c.jpg
c3c3d5120416c94f98d133606fe04d20.jpg

It will all buff out nicely!

Had a quick hour to work on the LMGM before a nasty thunder bumper storm came through.

Got the chainguard and "exhaust system" mounted. Still need to finish the wiring though. Tightened up a few bolts and thought I would take a quick spin before the rain started, but it wasn't meant to be. Approaching the end of the drive, I saw a car coming and instinctively pedaled backwards to stop. The pedals went back far more than expected!. Crap. Forgot to bolt down the brake arm!
Walked the LMGM back to the shed and got the tools picked up and headed for the house.

Oh well. Still got another month to get this finished.
9a1c839c001571ab0e64186b69e432df.jpg
ac689d5e5adb7eafa4cc7d7af8eb2358.jpg
004d6492f86913ac3b30db8e900f900c.jpg
c3c3d5120416c94f98d133606fe04d20.jpg

i really like the headers

Last edited:
Andy, the first word that comes to mind when I saw your full photo just now was 'cohesive'.
Everything works together on this build! And, as uninformed as the comment on the facebook (?) post was, the poster obviously thought it was a 'factory' or 'stock' original build; because they thought all it would take to get it back to it's original glory was a spit shine. :nod: :bigsmile:

So, as inane as the comment might be to us rat rodders, it was actually a very high compliment.

Andy, the first word that comes to mind when I saw your full photo just now was 'cohesive'.
Everything works together on this build! And, as uninformed as the comment on the facebook (?) post was, the poster obviously thought it was a 'factory' or 'stock' original build; because they thought all it would take to get it back to it's original glory was a spit shine. :nod: :bigsmile:

So, as inane as the comment might be to us rat rodders, it was actually a very high compliment.
Thanks OJ. Didn't think of it that way, and I am one who usually tries to walk a mile in the other guy's shoes before judging him.

Thanks OJ. Didn't think of it that way, and I am one who usually tries to walk a mile in the other guy's shoes before judging him.

I knew there was something I liked about you. :grin:

A few teaser pictures to keep me on page 1. LOL

102° F + in the shade prior to hurricane Isaias and rain every afternoon since. Not much getting done.
Had a few minutes this afternoon to piddle around in the shed. Should clean the shed, but the last time I tried that I got bit by a spider!
39724ff34987b44d3b85abef0c43c289.jpg
4150255d5e005068391c2ee099f1157d.jpg
2a45cffa2fc92471b0a31a9271c39ba7.jpg

Paint???

Bought my first bike of the year (finally) last weekend. This Covid19 thing has really put the hurt on retailers who sell bicycles and that has jacked up used bike prices I think.
Anyway, I picked up an Ocean Pacific "Roller" cruiser that looks like an Electra Cruiser 1 knock off. Similar too, but not the same as the Hyper Cruiser. Paid all of $40 for it. Maybe the used bike prices are starting to come down, or the guy I bought from didn't know they went up!
Now I am suffering with an outbreak of B.A.D.D., Bicycle Attention Deficit Disorder. Trying hard to stay focused on Lean Mean, but that new bike is crying for attention! LOL
I've already swapped out the seat and seat post to get some ideas. Thinking I may use the original seat and chain guard off my Electra Townie to really mess with people's minds. :crazy2:
20200811_083356.jpg

Latest posts

Back