Le vélovale

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I think my dear friends i have something for you.
This is my design study for entering in a french design school.
And it particullary sounds like a space bike !

here are some sketches:
FINAL.jpg

the building of the bike, let start by making some fun wheels:

HPIM6781.jpg

then comes the frame:

HPIM6831.jpg

HPIM6832.jpg

HPIM6829.jpg

GetAttachment.jpg

HPIM6837.jpg

HPIM6885.jpg

HPIM6889.jpg

HPIM6974.jpg

here are some pictures from the finished project:

12.jpg

11.jpg

04-1.jpg

02-1.jpg

03-1.jpg

05.jpg

10.jpg

07-1.jpg

08-1.jpg

some extras:
DSCF0229.jpg

A.jpg

FF.jpg

and how it rides: (sorry for the music, i didn't made the video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5L516sY54A

scaled.php

The forms of this bike are under an international copyright protected.

hope you enjoy it ! I will make some other in the same spirit soon.

Reminds me of Hooch's "eye bike" tattoo.
Neat!!!!

WOW!!! :shock: That thing is beyond cool!!!

Very cool! I love how closely you followed the original design sketch. Beautiful execution and finishing on the final bike. Looks like fun to ride, although that trail geometry is evil. :)

hey thats a cool bike i would love one of those with extra two bars welded in the back and a cross in the center to look like a ..... fish bicycle that would be super cool :shock: :D

ok, being "nieve" here but did you actually build all of those or is that photo shop?!!

jesusfreak86 said:
hey thats a cool bike i would love one of those with extra two bars welded in the back and a cross in the center to look like a ..... fish bicycle that would be super cool :shock: :D

It even kind-of moves like a fish! :shock:

The quality is amazing! Well done.

Wow, that's quite the project. Even though I don't really dig custom bikes, but yours is really clean. I am completely amazed at your diligence to stick to the original design on this build. Seems like it would be fun to ride, especially having to swing that huge front end around whenever you turn! One question though, on the two sharp corners at the front and rear of the frame, are those bends or welds? They almost look like really tight bends in the photos, and it seems to me like that would create a very volatile stress point. But then again, I doubt you do much jumping curbs/trail riding on that kind of bike. Great project though, did you end up getting into the design school?

Latest posts

Back