Late 80's Cannondale MTB

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is my "other" bike -- if by "other" I mean the one that's in one piece that I actually ride. It's a late 1980's Cannondale MTB that my mom bought used back in...gosh, I guess it was the late 80's. When she passed away in '97 I inherited it, and it spent the next ten years chained outside to various posts and carports.
3727753157_83bd203117_b.jpg

So a couple years ago I decided I was going to fix it up and ride it. It didn't need a whole lot, really. New grips, chain, shifter cables, tires/tubes, and the rear shifter was broken, so I got one on eBay and put it on the handlebars. The original owner had covered the multicolor graphics with white contact paper, and I removed that and cleaned it up.
3728555144_700061c3ed_b.jpg

I love riding this thing. It's an aluminum frame, so it's really light, and it just glides down any tiny kind of hill.

Somewhere else in the garage there's also a tiny Schwinn StingRay Li'l Tiger, my oldest daughter's purple 16" bike, my son's 18" and 20" BMX, my two projects, and a tricycle. I trip over bikes a lot.

Very nice Cannondale with a lot of sentimental value(even more as you get older!)

Latest posts

Back