Late 60s/early 70s Columbia Twosome

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pictures of a Columbia tandem that my aunt restored after her friend dumped it on her. Apparently this was in a yard against a garage (and mud) for as long as it was bought, plus or minus five years. Illinois weather, Chicago weather, pickled it well. Sort of recently was it hit with a bunch of pink lawn/sidewalk paint on one side. I think she made the right decision sanding it all off just to expose those beautiful silkscreened decals.

Without further ado, here are some of the mid restoration photos:
feJPQ3E.jpg

I0Ao1bX.jpg

vioTmmt.jpg

NQa0bOD.jpg

x15HR7Q.jpg

And one in the sun, all wired up:
XgKhi8L.jpg

Here are some pictures of a Columbia tandem that my aunt restored after her friend dumped it on her. Apparently this was in a yard against a garage (and mud) for as long as it was bought, plus or minus five years
I think that's a typical story for tandems. They get purchased by one enthusiastic rider, who quickly realizes that it takes two enthusiastic riders to make it work. I've got one from the early seventies, looks like it's barely even been touched

Latest posts

Back