Late 40s early 50s Columbia tanker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up this puppy at an auction sale for 45 bucks!!! No sure of the year yet but i think it is a ?????

What do you guys think of the score?

Attachments

• IMG_4094.JPG
    IMG_4094.JPG
    176.5 KB · Views: 230
Ya I was pretty pumped. It was NOT listed on the auction bill so I was surprised to see it when I walked in. One other lady budded against me or I would have snagged it for 25!!!!

I need to get a chain guard for it -- I am not sure if the wheels will clean up or not, they look pretty rough.

I checked the serial number and it is a 1954. I am pretty excited because it looks to be cleaning up pretty well so far ... my wife can't see the beauty through the rust! Why is that?????

Attachments

• IMG_4102.JPG
    IMG_4102.JPG
    252.5 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_4107.JPG
    IMG_4107.JPG
    263.1 KB · Views: 168
I checked the serial number and it is a 1954. I am pretty excited because it looks to be cleaning up pretty well so far ... my wife can't see the beauty through the rust! Why is that?????

Nice straightbar Columbia! Does it have the mechanical horn in the tank? That's my favorite thing about Columbias, no batteries to corrode the tank or need replacing.

Haven't you been buying up bikes at a rate of 1-2 a day? For a month or two? That may be why the wife doesn't understand. When you get them, make sure she's occupied and sneak them in a corner behind the others. When she asks where all the bikes came from, just say these have been here for months, then give her some shopping money.

Nice straightbar Columbia! Does it have the mechanical horn in the tank? That's my favorite thing about Columbias, no batteries to corrode the tank or need replacing.

Haven't you been buying up bikes at a rate of 1-2 a day? For a month or two? That may be why the wife doesn't understand. When you get them, make sure she's occupied and sneak them in a corner behind the others. When she asks where all the bikes came from, just say these have been here for months, then give her some shopping money.
Hahahahhahahahhahaha ya I usually just sneak them someplace but I have been running out of room. I usually stick them all over including in the building at the lake. I have actually been collecting and refurbishing since early summer so ya I have a ton of bikes. I am just happy my wife wasn't at the auction or she would have talked me out of the Columbia.

Latest posts

Back