Last one for a while

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried that other build, but just a little into it ,I looked and it was turning out to look like a BMX so I turned my bandsaw loose on it ,and negated it to the scrap pile.
I have a 40's Rollfast and I love that it has a really long tank that extends past the seat post. I took the tank off and decided to build a frame that would utilize the long tank and look a little cooler too. So here is the start.
rollfast001-1.jpg

secondtry002.jpg

tankpart002.jpg

I decided to use the bent seat post , so it wouldn't turn out looking so stock. On this one I'm using the same 1'' tubing that is 14 ga. Good stuff. I built a small clamp so I can see where the back tire goes ,where building the drop outs is easier. Now you can have an elaborate jig , but a small piece of angle with a hole drilled in it does just fine.

now003.jpg

Once I got close , then I did a little mockup to make sure it looked ok

firstlook001.jpg

So then its on to the building the drop outs. I went with simple . Ok the rear triangle is just tacked , but it lets you see where you are going. Hope yall enjoy so far

almost002-1.jpg

My only problem now will be to come up with a seat location that won't detract from the build. I guess I could do like others have and use a shovel. :lol: :lol: :lol: So far the lines have turned out nice.

Thanks Mark. I got a seat mounted , but some of you may think it looks stupid and some may like it.....I'm kinda in the middle. If you look at it you would think it needs to be in that dip part to look cool. The problem with that is you would have to be really short to ride it.....I'm not. I will continue to stare at it and maybe the answer will pop into my head....maybe not. :roll:

seat001-2.jpg

I know a short guy that loves it...
ME!!! :D

I´m really marvelled at the amount of inspiration you have, you´re on the Zone man!!!
The seat mount is great, and the best thing, I haven't seen it before.
Too bad I´m on the other side of the world, I would sell my bikes to buy this one from you!
Keep surprising us!

Ok my California Design Firm suggested an old style seat. I dug through the junk pile and found one off of an old Columbia and stuck it on. I think it looks perfect...so were gonna call it good and move on with the rest of the build.

oldseat001.jpg

Thanks Gdcast ....humm Uruguay . I can't even spell that ha ha . I think we have gone through this before....Is that close to Chicago ??? I really just filled in the blanks on this one. The tank kinda decided the build direction.

Another great build U.S.
I agree, that seat works perfectly, it flows with the lines of the bike.

I'd be tempted to fill in the triangle under the seat and cut a bottle opener hole in it, but that's just me.... :roll:

I'm kinda liking that it dosen't look like anybody elses build , Ifitsfreeitsforme . Thanks Dr T , I had thought about filling it and and my wife said something about slapping me , and I let it go. :lol:

Mark photoshoped another bar I was thinking about doing, So now I have to decide if I want the floating seat function or not.
seat001-1-1.jpg

Thanks Scrumblero , Kinda a backwards version of it.
Ok for those that don't like a tank...looks pretty wild without it.

notank002.jpg

Latest posts

Back