Last Minute Panic

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
28604928902_209d0db14a_o.jpg

F&F: Jamis Boss Cruiser
Paint: Rustoleum French Lilac
Clear: Matte Pearl
Wheels: Weinman Alloy 1.75" Single Speed Coaster
Cranks: Generic 1PC
Chainwheel: Chopsaw 44T Snowflake - Purple Ano
Pedals: VP Bear Traps - Purple Ano
Grips: Turbo Mushroom Style - Black
Basket: Wald Giant - Black
Stem: ??? Toploader - Custom Brushed
Handlebars: Black Ops MXII
Headbadge: 8 Bit Zombie Skeletor Patch
Seat: Troxel Style - Purple
Valve Caps: Trik Topz Dice - Purple
Tires: Kenda K-RAD 2.5"
Inspiration: ET the movie, Squirrel the cat

28605788192_8d9331fdfc_o.jpg

So this bike was part of my grieving process. I had some more grandiose plans for a Silverking build but my garage time was cut short by cat Squirrel's terminal lymphoma diagnosis. We were able to identify it early enough that we got 6 weeks to enjoy him before it turned for the worse. We lost him on 7/22, I started the build on 7/23 and I finished the build on 7/31. Didn't want to build a literal "catbike" so I chose the lilac color because he was a lilac point siamese. Didn't want to build a literal ET bike but like Elliot, my best friend wasn't human and it was time for him to go home.

Mashed the two together and you this bike. The above poster is me, riding the bike with Squirrel photoshopped in the basket. Thanks for watching.

Last edited:
Most people would call that a grocery getter. I call that a grocery store getter! That basket is HUGE! Nice clean, tight, build. And at the opposite style end of your last year's effort. Shows your diversity. Well done! :thumbsup:

Thats a cool loop tail.

If you can't have fun it anit worth riding . Nice mix of part looks fast & nimble . Like some one said get a lock . Because you won't run them down ...

Once again with the cohesive design and details carried throughout! She's a beauty!

Latest posts

Back