Last Minute Panic [FINISHED]

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
28244757570_0d71cc3457_z.jpg

Last edited:
28440980921_bcd252380f_z.jpg

28440980621_94a5294d5a_h.jpg

I wasn't supposed to be doing this. Been going through some stuff that has kept me out of the garage this summer but I've been watching everyone's builds from the sideline when I have a moment. Yesterday I needed some busy work to get my mind right so I spent an hour cleaning this up to list for sale and it happened. I thought "this is like a giant BMX bike.... I wonder what it would look like with BMX bars?"

Last edited:
Love seeing a one week build pop onto the scene!
You're crazy man! That roomba better be working overtime for ya!!!

28538435045_6d7b757753_k.jpg

Yesterday was my born day so I was allowed to "play bikes" as my wife calls it. Got it sanded, primed, and a few coats of lilac on it before dark. It's been obscenely hot here in jersey (everywhere?) with no sign of relief so I left it outside overnight. Woke up to rain. Hope it's ok, I can't check it until after work tonight.

IT CAN BE DONE!! COME ON I'M ROOTING FOR YOU!! PEACE

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Dude, just remember to put some really FAT and KNOBBY tires on it (like your OddJob Award winning build last year) and you will have it in the bag! Rat On!

Dude, just remember to put some really FAT and KNOBBY tires on it (like your OddJob Award winning build last year) and you will have it in the bag! Rat On!

I was thinking about using those tires on a set of 24" skyway mags but there are no such things as 24" coaster mags apparently and I don't think I can get a long enough reach caliper brake. The bridge on the frame is pretty far away from the tire.

Well. I wetsanded yesterday and attempted some clear tonight. A huge spot bubbled over and its all the way down to primer. Hopefully the rest of the finish is good and I can repair that. I've to a 7am flight to chicago tomorrow and ill be home around midnight Friday. If you've got any extra mojo, please direct it at this thread!

28585182901_7632113da1_o.jpg

Thinking about using a front loader instead of the top loader but its got some pretty deep scratches. Quickest way to fix it, add more scratches?

28046587894_067bf65ff1_o.jpg

This is a work in progress picture. Went back over it again with finer grit and got it looking more uniform. Jury is still out on this one or a spiffy new chrome one I have in a stash but I'm trying to use some old stuff, in the spirit of "rat rod bikes." I think the brushed finish goes nicely with the matte paint.

28585182951_53df658c5c_o.jpg

Wasn't really sure what to do for tires and luckily (???) I don't have time to think about it. Looked through the tire box and found these bad boys from a stalled klunker project.

28585183151_ebfe9aefae_o.jpg

These suckers are wide! Popped them on a set up old school weinman 1.75" aluminum rims.

28557110292_15f80ed28c_o.jpg

Beef!

l0MYra0SLKZDjU8p2.gif

Now that I've brought the beef. Time to add some Porkchop. As cool as the barefoot pedals were, they don't go with the color scheme. Chainring was also cool but it not as cool as purple ano. Swapped out the cranks while i was at it too for something boxier.

Last edited:
28585183301_f4379e8e2c_o.jpg

Got a lot done today but a lot left to do. Rain all afternoon wasn't helping but i'm confident I'll get this together by the deadline. Really happy with the paint on the fork. I realize lavender isn't' for everyone but I'm building this for my best friend so it is what it is.

Latest posts

Back