LAST DITCH EFFORT, (ALMOST DONE! NEW PHOTOS!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
RRBO7 didn't quite pan out for me. Planned on building sweet Spaceliner, but all my plans got side traced by other personal...shall I say "Stuff".
So here we are, another year older and time to start RRBBO8! Stoked, and I'm not going to let anything get in the way this year... (fingers crossed, and God willing)
Not sure what I plan on building this year, I have a few bikes stashed away. All of them would make for excellent build off bikes. I have some planning and thinking ahead of me!
I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with this year as well! Ah, it feels good to be back! :mrgreen:

Re: Nothing Decided yet. But officially IN!!!

Welcome back to the madness! Can't wait to see what you come up with after you have had a chance to lay out your frames and parts and brainstorm.
Good luck!

hope to see some pics soon!

Troy

I've been sidetracked again, and again. so much stuff going on, and plus we just had our first kid! I hope this year doesn't turn into another RRBBO#7... (I entered, but never finished.... let's be honest. I never started.)

But good things come with being busy too! I just bought this awesome 1995 GMC Vandura G2500 off of an old buddy of mine. It was originally from California so the rust is extremely minimal, I just hope that I can keep it that way being here in the rusty state of Ohio!

Had to do a little work to it this week, it has some leak issues around the top of the windshield, so I took care of that, and did some minor front end facelift type of work... Here is what I came up with.

Plus I found this awesome vintage 60's tube amp, and started refurbishing it...

So yeah, I've been a little side tracked... Maybe that should be the name of my build... "SIDETRACKED" I kind of like that.

Hmmm... wondering if it would be okay if I re-entered my rrbbo#7 frame that I never started from last year... I still have most of the parts that I got for it, not to mention some parts that I bought specifically just for that build... they are just sitting there haunting my basement...

This was my lay out from last year... that never took flight.

nice layout grats on the kid and a cool bike hauler to boot would love to see that ride built!

Troy

GO FOR IT!!!
I loved that pile of parts last year. We always need more liners out there!!!

Well I hung up the spaceliner frame to get an idea of what I would be up against... it's a lot crustier than I remember. Looks like some one rode it through a fresh batch of tar at one point...

I love the natural patina on this thing, but not sure how to remove the tar without messing up the natural finish... hmmm.

It might pop of with a utility knife blade. I almost looks like resin or jb weld.

Did a quick rear wheel install to make sure I have clearance to run a balloon tire. It just barely fits! I think I have less than a 8th of an inch on either side! Works for me!

Sidetracked again... LOL!
This time it was planned. I was asked by my father in law to build him a bike, but I didn't think he would want anything ratty, so I decided to go with the bolt on route.
I found a good deal on an Airwalk Cardiff. I don't remember how I came across the bike, but I remembered I love the way the frame looked. I couldn't justify buying one for myself, and just letting it sit. So when the opportunity came up to build a low budget bike, I jumped on the opportunity to purchase the Cardiff!

Pulled it out of the box and started removing the stickers.

I kinda like the factory paint job... has a good amount of metal flake in it.... I thought about painting it red, but now I'm not so sure...

Here are some of the bolt on parts that I bought for this build! just doing a quick mock up!

Here is the seat and post I picked out... I think I may trim down the top of the seat tube to make it almost flush...

Black springer front fork...

Here is another shot from the rear...

So other things I have planned for this, are some platform pedals, some mini ape hangers, possibly a rear rack of some sort. and perhaps a light on the front somewhere... yeah, nothing really exciting, but a build is a build. I'm having fun never the less. :mrgreen:

Re: Nothing Decided Yet. (Now with more procarstination!)

The white wall tires are my wifes contribution to this build. She thought her father may like them... Not sure how I like them, but then again, they are not for me...

Just ordered some electra mini apes (black) and some Black Odyssey platform pedals!

that front end looks nice!! would love to see it sitting on the ground to see its stance/ profile bet i looks tough!

Troy

Latest posts

Back