LADIES bike build off challenge

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
OK, as if i didn't have enough to do already. Offering up a ladies bike build off challenge.

Here is what i am starting with:
DSCN0004.jpg

My criteria (but open to revision):
1. No welding
2. No pro painting
3. Deadline of March 31st.

Bighit, that would be cool to see where two identical bikes would go with different visions.

Looks like FunkyStickMan beat you to the challenge, unless we want to make it a 3 bike challenge? I'm game.

Walker said:
Bighit, that would be cool to see where two identical bikes would go with different visions.

Looks like FunkyStickMan beat you to the challenge, unless we want to make it a 3 bike challenge? I'm game.

Fine with me! Everybody wins.

onelesspedestrian said:
I'm just gonna watch guys.....

The last buildoff I participated in (RRBBO4) was with a ladies' bike. After doing that, I think that a ladies specific buildoff is an awesome idea.

here's the bike:
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewto ... 32&t=18603

I look forward to seeing the results!

I definitely remember that bike! You did a great job on it, and if I recall, it got a lot of great comments, too. I loved the contrasting lug color, it just works great on that frame.

I'm in the process of digging through my parts stash to see what I can reuse, and what I will need to beg/borrow/steal to finish mine. I've got a complete OCC 24" front wheel, a 24" bare rim, and a 24" rear 7-speed wheel. I've also got a set of cruiser bars left over from my motored bike build, so looks like all I will need is a fork, tires, and a few odd bits to make it look "right." I've also got a 36-hole coaster hub, so I might lace that into the 24" rim with some cool pattern.

I'm starting on this one for my wife, and it has just been taken down off the back wall. count me in! it's allot of work, so don't hesitate to push the deadline out (the fishing is getting good, and i'm building another dirtbike for this season)
she's already picked her colors too :wink:
Bikes001.jpg

Depending on what the timeline for this is going to be I may be joining if that is OK. I was planning on building something for my wife for her birthday anyways.

Let the confusion begin! :D

IMO:
I think a mini build off woud be easier to manage than pairing off (this is a cool idea though) and would allow for late arrivals. I had originally though i would just be pairing off with someone but seems to be more interest than i anticipated in this build off subject. Whatever keeps it fun and easy to manage is my vote.

I know when i need to be done (March 30th) but how about rounding it to April 1st.

So I'm thinking:

1. Mini build off.
2. Ladies frames.
3. No welding (as much as it pains me to say that, probably allows for a more level playing field)
4. No professional paint jobs (just DIY)
5. Completion date of April 1st 2010.

Lets have fun, be creative and by all means, if a rule needs to be broken, bent or ammended lets be flexible about it but keep it fair.

im game.... this will push me to finish the old ladies bike... i wont tell her my main motivation for it though! :p

Ok here is my cellphone pics... better to come. I think its a 59 hollywood but im not positive. :oops: :oops:

101_3533.jpg
101_3534.jpg
these pics are horrible. well its pretty to crusty start....

Just not enough time and money to build all bikes i want.I will be keeping an eye on your builds because i have my eye on a girl tank bike under my uncles house.

[quoteHMMM, so they did offer tanks on these Elgin's.-Walker]

Yes, but actually, I got that tank on ebay, took a gamble on it being the right one! -Adam

I'll play. Win lose or draw, Another bike will get a new life.
This is it, not sure what or year it is. A co-worker gave me 4 bikes, this is the 3rd to get a make over with no welding.
20 inch girls frame with a 26 inch wheel for comparison.
LadyBuildoff02.jpg

Latest posts

Back