Kustom VS tuning

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm studying art. I write my thesis on customization and tuning (I mean more recent cars modifications).
In this context, I would like you, customisateurs (car, motorbike or bicycle), give me your vision of what the tuning is. What this mean to you and what you think personally. And also, where did the stereotypical image of the tuning came from (movies, peoples, history, etc.) ?

My goal is to bring those two cultures off their stereotypical aspects.

Thanks !
K

For me tuning or customizing is an extension adjustment of the bike or car.
Most riders know to adjust the seat height and handlebars, they select a color and model they like when shopping and that's it.
To customize I just don't stop at that... - Select and change anything and everything till we get the "look" and feel I want... :)

I agree with horsefarmer. Every build is a work of art in my mind. I build it the way I want it. If you think it looks cool, that's great. If you don't like it, that's ok as well. It would be a boring site if we all had the same ideas on builds. So, keep on building what you like guys & gals!

Latest posts

Back