Kustom Coaster III (Completed)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Kustom Coaster III (close to complete)

It's pretty cool to see a dinosaur next to a bike. The T.Rex is pretty cool too. :p :lol:

You rocked this build buddy!

Re: Kustom Coaster III (close to complete)

MAN this thing is RAD!!

Great job!

8)

Been waiting on some good light, just clouds and rain lately, flood in back yard last night. Photos taken a week ago may have to do.
amemyge8.jpg
he4edaby.jpg
4atuja4y.jpg
sa7arady.jpg
aqe6a6en.jpg

aju5eha5.jpg
una3y8ap.jpg
pybaqe4y.jpg

Before:
e8u6ytyj.jpg

6uza4avy.jpg

Very appreciative of the 16 votes received. Really thought Kustom Coaster III would garner a bigger following though, it had a lot of views and positive comments in the build process. In thinking back and comparing it to the competition, I guess I see a few negatives or red flags.
The frame isn't vintage being a 2005, maybe the paint and bits are a bit shiny for posing as a Rat Rod. The seat is airborne but this bike is meant to be ridden. The build includes some unconventional features including repurposed objects for the Tailight and Headlight. It includes some new parts. The faux door panels, springers and graphics were meant to simulate the features of a Rat Rod four wheeler. I guess my thinking is a bit outside the norm as only one of the bikes I voted for fell in the top three. This build off stuff keeps my old senior mind and body active.
Thanks forr the support given, lots of great bikes on both sides of the contest this year. So after reading this feel free to provide any suggestions or comments that come to mind, they are welcomed.

I sure like your bike. I hope you do to, because that is the most important thing :D
Having a rider that's truly unique, cool details and design make it the best kind of winner

My last year's Jacked Up Pilot was supposed to be more of a rat rod bike and I liked what I did with it
But I didn't get too many votes and the bike is kinda hard to ride. it's still cool in my book but not practical
I learned my lesson and this year tried to make something somewhat styish that would get a ton of use :D

BTW: I like the way the bright green rims with the white tires make the bike pop against the copper and brown 8)

MplsCoaster said:
I sure like your bike. I hope you do to, because that is the most important thing :D
Having a rider that's truly unique, cool details and design make it the best kind of winner

My last year's Jacked Up Pilot was supposed to be more of a rat rod bike and I liked what I did with it
But I didn't get too many votes and the bike is kinda hard to ride. it's still cool in my book but not practical
I learned my lesson and this year tried to make something somewhat styish that would get a ton of use :D

BTW: I like the way the bright green rims with the white tires make the bike pop against the copper and brown 8)
Thanks MC, visited some bike shops up your way a couple of years ago. Just looking for some critique comments after the fact. I do like this bike, I put a lot of thought, work and effort into it, still think it was worthy of more votes, but it is what it is. Have a frame in mind for next year.
A bit of redemption today as it showed up as Rat Rod Bike of the Day on Facebook.

Latest posts

Back