Kustom Coaster III (Completed)

Nov 22, 2011
KS
Starting with a GT Kustom Kruiser frame obtained from TinMachine. Original paint was purple, someone added the green over. My plan is to use hammered copper, oil rubbed bronze, satin cinnamon or a textured rusty brown. Leaning towards the bronze. Have rounded up most of the parts. Some are random non bike parts that have to be repurposed. I have another original GT KC bike with the original paint which rides well, the frames have a little stretch to them.

Kustom Coaster III will have it's third paint color application and wiil run a Sturmey Archer three speed with a Coaster Brake and will have Kustom Effects.

Faux Springer parts X 2

Nov 22, 2011
KS
Re: Kustom Coaster III

A few hoarded parts for the build. Have few other goodies stashed away.

Got to finish up some house painting and deck repairs before I get rolling too quickly on Kustom Coaster III. Also waiting on Spring to gel so I can deal with garden stuff as well.

Nov 22, 2011
KS

35 degrees, rain, sleet, snow here today. So I'm inside dealing with some details of the lights. Picked up the copper molds and insulator last winter. The LED light from LBS. Going to make a hardware run for some brass screws to hold the molds together.

May 2, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

That frame is going to make a cool looking bike
I like the copper theme. Are those Metropolis bars in your pile? :wink:
Looking forward to seeing how you pull it together...

Nov 22, 2011
KS

MplsCoaster said:
That frame is going to make a cool looking bike
I like the copper theme. Are those Metropolis bars in your pile? :wink:
Looking forward to seeing how you pull it together...
Thanks, yes they are Metropolis bars. I have another city bike with them and like their geometry and appearance. Think I've seen them on a bike in your thread.

Nov 22, 2011
KS

Did some tear down of the frame. The original purple color shows up on the fork neck. Experimented with some possible colors previously mentioned in this topic.

Mar 19, 2011

This is going to be one cool build...I'm sensing a lot of copper themes this year?

Nov 22, 2011
KS

kingfish254 said:
I totally missed this light being made. That is superb!!!!!
It reminds me of an Illudium PU-36 Space Modulator

Not really liking the name of my build. Maybe I need to change the name to PU-36, Illudium or Space Modulator. Guess I need sound effects added to the light.

The Bike Wall BOXKARS Clyde James Cycles