Kustom Built Guitar Amps

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been building guitars lately and I decided to try building my first amplifier. Here's what I came up with. After building the cabinet I wrapped it with gold metal flake vinyl. It sounds pretty good for only being a 10 watt practice amp.

Here's the mock up.
AMP6.jpg

Here it is out in the sun to see how the metal flake shines.

AMP1.jpg

AMP2.jpg

AMP3.jpg

AMP4.jpg

AMP5.jpg

I think I'm going to start making more amps with different designs. It was a fun project.

Last edited:
I know nothing about guitars and amps....But I do know what looks good! That looks very GOOD!

I know nothing about guitars and amps....But I do know what looks good! That looks very GOOD!
Thanks. This is my first time doing upholstery and I learned what not to do. So my next ones should look better.

Wow man that looks crazy cool! Love the mother of toilet seat face plate! Did you use guts from an old amp or board it yourself?
Thanks. I used the guts from an old Crate amp that I bought back in 1985. The speaker was shot so I decided to build this instead of just putting a new speaker in the old ugly box.

Last edited:
I like it. Very retro. I stripped the vinyl off of my Grandfathers old Musicman RD212 and stained the wood with Minwax Walnut, The I recovered the grill cloth with cane like the old Marshall combos. Turned out nice. One of my old 1x15 Teisco cabinets has a tye dye grill cloth. Tell me you saw my Rockin' Rollfast amp in the tank build.

Carl.

I like it. Very retro. I stripped the vinyl off of my Grandfathers old Musicman RD212 and stained the wood with Minwax Walnut, The I recovered the grill cloth with cane like the old Marshall combos. Turned out nice. One of my old 1x15 Teisco cabinets has a tye dye grill cloth. Tell me you saw my Rockin' Rollfast amp in the tank build.

Carl.
Thanks. Yeah, I know that bike. Very cool build. I'm going to start buying up amps and making new cabinets for them. It's a fun project and keeps me from getting in trouble.

Thanks. Yeah, I know that bike. Very cool build. I'm going to start buying up amps and making new cabinets for them. It's a fun project and keeps me from getting in trouble.
You've got me thinking the same thing! I love this idea.

I forgot about my little amp I use for my personal monitor in the Praise Band I'm in. It's a Bulgera 5 watt I reboxed in a Randall combo cabinet with a 12" Celestion Rockett in it. It's all blacked out no chrome no logos.
Not fancy but way better than the 8" speaker it had.

Also check out Rush's last stage setup,
VERY steampunk.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back