Kngtmat's 1966 Mustang

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this 1966 Mustang at the Carlisle Events Car & Swap in Lakeland FL. Needs work with no engine or trans but at least some work was done on it. Originally Springtime Yellow with D6 Parchment with Black.

Edit: For some reason RRB has posted the pics in in opposite order of how I put them.

New Door Panels.

Thanks.

I believe it was a Sprint 200 package Mustang which was one made for the one millionth Mustang built that year. Also so Ford could sell more 6 cylinder cars. They had the normal 200 6 with a chrome breather, quarter panel ornament delete with chrome on the rocker panels and a tiffany stripe on the sides. With that said I might just go back to the 200 6 but still go for an automatic for my taste instead of the manual. It also came with a center console with lighting in the back of it.

Needs a new cowl top & bottom as well as a new dash assembly which they do actually make.

Again the site put the photos the opposite way I put each photo to the post

I haven't figured out what this was from.
I don't know what this is from either.
NCM_1092_zpsa64ozokd.jpg

Both pieces are there just one behind the other.

Last edited:
Funny, I had a 1966 sprint 200 back in high school. It had everything just as you described, it got totaled, some rich high school girl driving a vw rabbit back 1985 rear ended me, and that was that.I ended up getting a 1965 GT coupe with a factory 4 speed, pony interior all original, it doesn't look like it did then but it sits in storage in a dry safe place. Good luck with it, and have fun. I certainly did with mine!

My sister had a red 67 back when I was in 8th grade but later in the year got hit by on old woman speeding down the road.

I've 3 Fords with six bangers, a 62 Comet with a 144 and 2 speed auto, 65 Falcon with a 200, and a 65 Fairlane with a 200, both with 3 speed manuals.

old%20001_zpsn6xhxeex.jpg

Those motors are of the same type, the intake manifold is part of the head. While they are a good motor, there's not much in the way of mods because of that configuration. The 200 is a good motor, but with an automatic it'll seem weak. Later Ford upgraded it to 250 cubic inches, a little more guts with the same motor. They also offered a 4 speed manual, special to the six banger on the Mustang.
But since you have no motor or trans, you could go with something newer and more efficient.

Nice.

I like Automatics and also I would drive it most of the time when it's done so the manual would be bad anyways through town traffic. Also 3 Speed manual for 66 doesn't have synchronous for first gear for stop and go traffic as I read online anyways even if I would keep it manual.

Parts for my 1966 Mustang

That's right, I always got honked at when slowing for a red light that turned green, but going too slow for second gear. I had to stop at the green light to drop back into first. I even got cussed at a couple times. That 3 speed was only for the 6 banger, the V8's got a better manual.

Latest posts

Back