KLUNKER Action Gallery- Trophy Picture.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was ask to judge the Klunker Sub-buildoff. I wanted to be more than just the bike, so some riding (and costume?) were added to the criteria.

Please post your shots below with a link to your build. Post them up by 11pm August 9. I will announce the winner Sunday evening.

q10kH01363906303.jpg

Working on the Trophy.

20130807_081135.jpg

Great trophy going on there!!
I am definitely signing up for updates to this thread!!
Way to go Jats!

kingfish254 said:
Great trophy going on there!!
I am definitely signing up for updates to this thread!!
Way to go Jats!
thanks B :D :D :D :D :D

Troy

Here is my entry. A 1959 Columbia middle weight straight bar with a Schwinn set of truss rods and fork. 7 speed rear and 3 piece cranks, also a front drum brake and Brooks saddle and 3 inch riser bars. My first Klunker and I love riding it. I did 20 miles one day and even though I had a sore butt, the Klunker worked great.
link to the build.. viewtopic.php?f=75&t=72229
59 Kolumbia Klunker

bebopblu said:
Here is my entry. A 1959 Columbia middle weight straight bar with a Schwinn set of truss rods and fork. 7 speed rear and 3 piece cranks, also a front drum brake and Brooks saddle and 3 inch riser bars. My first Klunker and I love riding it. I did 20 miles one day and even though I had a sore butt, the Klunker worked great.
link to the build.. viewtopic.php?f=75&t=72229
59 Kolumbia Klunker
sweet bike!!!

You can go to my build thread or finished thread to see the earlier "slide" photos that I tried to take last week, I wasn't happy with them. This being my day off I hit the woods, only this time alone with my GoPro set to take photos every .5 seconds. Once again, it rained HARD last night, so conditions were poor, all the rain this year has put lots of grass on the trail and enough excuses. I did dress up again, and it was HOT and HUMID today, so enjoy:

slide1.jpg

slide2.jpg

slide3.jpg

klunkslide.gif

Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=72008

Finished Thread: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=75459

Looks cool yoots.

kingfish254 said:
Looks cool yoots.

Thanks, as I was racing down the trail towards the camera (over and over) I was thinking about the picture we are supposed to be emulating. That guy has his right foot on the pedal and left foot down off the pedal. On each approach I struggled with the right foot down because I have, since a child, done coaster brake slides with my left foot down. Then it hit me, the guy in the photo isn't running a coaster!!!! Argh! :x

yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:
Looks cool yoots.

Thanks, as I was racing down the trail towards the camera (over and over) I was thinking about the picture we are supposed to be emulating. That guy has his right foot on the pedal and left foot down off the pedal. On each approach I struggled with the right foot down because I have, since a child, done coaster brake slides with my left foot down. Then it hit me, the guy in the photo isn't running a coaster!!!! Argh! :x
:lol: cool pics!! love the out fit!!

Troy

Thanks, I went to the thrift store and asked around, but no denim jackets could be found. I actually went into my 9 year old daughter's closet and "tried on" her denim jacket, haha, I should've been singing "Fat guy in a little coat..."

She's the only one with hair flowing in the wind like the reference photo. Proves that she has some speed.

The pictures are looking good.

Progress on the trophy. I used bike tubes to wrap the mount.

b8085905-f284-47b8-a2b4-20f757e331f9.jpg

cman said:
The pictures are looking good.

Progress on the trophy. I used bike tubes to wrap the mount.

b8085905-f284-47b8-a2b4-20f757e331f9.jpg
the trophy is looking cool!!!! thank you :D

Troy

Remember the winner of the Klunker comp/photo contest also takes home a pair of red Moose Racing moto bars courtesy of my undying love for klunk culture!!

way cool!!! on the bars some one is gonna be upgrading!!!!!!!

Troy

Latest posts

Back