Klunkadelic

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is not an entry; I failed to document the build. The frame is a CWC straight bar with a Western Flyer badge (thanks, RoadMaster.) I built it for a friend to ride when she comes for a visit, so it has street tires. After the visit, it gets motorized, since I found an in-frame tank that was made just for this bike. It's about 95% complete, and rides quite nicely. Painted green Metalspeck with an Effex clearcoat. It shimmers in the Tucson sun! You guys inspire me; keep up the good work. OddJob, we'll meet next year.
20160204_085457.jpg

Looking forward to it SD! The meet up, and your modifications to your klunker...

Do you want to contrast the green, blue or both? If both you could go with Orange if you want high contrast. If just the green then you could match the blue, otherwise I'd just go black or rust. That's just my $0.02

Hmm, I wouldn't match the tires, liable to change them out at some point...
How about... black tank, match the green with a wide stripe then lime pinstriping on the frame and the wide stripe on the tank. I'd run the wide stripe vertical a third of the way forward on the tank, maybe angled a bit, to match the head tube angle. It'd be a classic looking theme but not identical to anything else.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back