King Sting

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Found this old pic of a King Sting I built. Single stem with Sidewinder bars and OPC. I need another KS! :)

Picture1.jpg

Hey Robert, was that original paint on your King Sting? I’ve been trying to get info if any ever came in white. I know that the catalog options were black and frosty silver completes, and available in red and blue as frame only orders. But during the same time period, cruiser frames could be ordered in white, and I’m betting you could request white on frame only orders for the king sting. Since I’ve started looking, I’ve seen a few white ones, some claim painted, one claimed original.
Could be wishful thinking though as I just picked up a white frame.

Hey Robert, was that original paint on your King Sting? I’ve been trying to get info if any ever came in white. I know that the catalog options were black and frosty silver completes, and available in red and blue as frame only orders. But during the same time period, cruiser frames could be ordered in white, and I’m betting you could request white on frame only orders for the king sting. Since I’ve started looking, I’ve seen a few white ones, some claim painted, one claimed original.
Could be wishful thinking though as I just picked up a white frame.
Hey DP
I had the frame painted white by an auto body shop. It was a NOS frame that was primered. I agree have seen a few white ones over the years, but official documents just reference the colors you mentioned. Hope that helps!

Latest posts

Back