• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

King size Schwinn Frame wanted

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hoping to find a Schwinn king size frame to fit this 6'1" body. Hoping to find just the frame to keep the cost down. Willing to trade parts or, of course, cash...

Hoping to find a Schwinn king size frame to fit this 6'1" body. Hoping to find just the frame to keep the cost down. Willing to trade parts or, of course, cash...

Did you look in the for sale thread ?

yes, none there that I could see

I have a 26 inch frame from a 73 heavy duti. It appears to be straight, but it's ugly and will need to be stripped to the bare metal and repainted.

I've got a Traveler in good shape. 36" from the ground to the top tube. I think the seat tube is a 29"
My 6'2" son has one too and loves it. But it's a ten speed not a cruiser.

Carl.

He is looking for a specific frame. The King Size Schwinn was a specific model frame size designation for a 26” S7 wheel middleweight frame cantilever produced in limited production from 1961-1965, that had a 20” seat tube and a 22.5” top tube vs the 18.5 seat tube and 21” top tube of the standard 26” S7 wheel middleweight cantilever frame.
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/schwinn-king-size-registry-research-project.126932/

He is looking for a specific frame. The King Size Schwinn was a specific model frame size designation for a 26” S7 wheel middleweight frame cantilever produced in limited production from 1961-1965, that had a 20” seat tube and a 22.5” top tube vs the 18.5 seat tube and 21” top tube of the standard 26” S7 wheel middleweight cantilever frame.
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/schwinn-king-size-registry-research-project.126932/
Oh, I didn't realize that it was a specific frame.

Thanks for your input everybody. At this time I may be taking this in another direction. Stay tuned!

I know you specified a Schwinn, but Huffy made a canti framed bike with 29 inch rims and tires that may fit your height until you find the one you really want...

Latest posts

Back