KING DADDIO

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Typhoon Mary name change: King Daddio. New pics.

wait a second..........wheres you wheel building helper?
ya know! this guy.......
bc55-44.jpg

Ha ha ha! :lol: He was redeployed!

But that's okay, his replacement has arrived and he is well equipped and ready to spring into action! :roll:
P1010531-1.jpg

I am so glad I had a boy! The only thing left is to put on the kick stand as soon as I find the little pin. I put it in a ziplok bag with the kickstand so I wouldn't lose it but some how I managed to lose it anyway! I rode it around the driveway tonight a bit and I plan on taking it to the New London Conn custom Bike Club ride this weekend.

Awesome bike!!! You always do some great pictures. Great job!!! Thanks!!!

sweet bike i love the fab that you have done. but i have looked over the finished pics and i am totally stumped. maybe i am just a simple minded ratter but how does the fork actually work? because the hub is behind the main solid tube when you hit a bump it will go upwards. that would make the spring pull long ways not compress and i see or at least it looks like the bolt is bolted on both ends which would mean it would not move at all. i have not seen any close ups of the part where the stem is and am very interested to see that part and how you managed it. sweet bike and please dont take this as smack talk just curious cause i am a fabricator myself and i am stumped. :mrgreen:

No problem. It all pivots on point A, the bottom of the 'base fork'. The hub is mounted at point C on the rocker. When I hit a bump the upward force is transferred via the rocker to point B. Which in turn transfers the compression up the tubes to the spring. The 1/2" rod that runs though the spring is attached to fork B at the bottom of the spring and runs through a hollow slug (point D) that acts as a guide. The rod is threaded at both ends and hs a nut on the top that is the return stop. The guide is welded to the neck and the handlebars. Here the suspension is relaxed.
P1010729-1-1-1.jpg

Here it is compressed.
P1010730.jpg

The guide/stop relaxed.
P1010732.jpg

The guide/stop compressed.
P1010733.jpg

Relaxed.
P1010735-1.jpg

Compressed.
P1010734-1.jpg

The acorn nuts on top of fork B are ornamental and serve no purpose.
The bike is very smooth riding and comfortable. I get a max. travel of about 1.75" with that spring. I had originally bought it for my motorsickle seat but it was too long so it was one I had sitting around but works real well. I was climbing some hills rather easily with the bike and am very happy with its ridability and manueverability especially with those tires.
P1010531-3.jpg

that's friggin brilliant! if only i had some scrap metal and a welder... id be makin all kinds of custom springers.

and i love your little helper. :)

kingplinker said:
Killer bike! - great, simplified bars/seat post/forks. Very slick. Nice work!

squirrel.jpg
oh yeah and I'm the one who's going to have trouble with PETA
icon_rofl.gif

that's absolutely hilarious!! you should call the Discovery Channel on that one!
Scott 8)

kingplinker said:
Killer bike! - great, simplified bars/seat post/forks. Very slick. Nice work!

squirrel.jpg
I cant stop laughing! That is hilarious!!! :lol:

thats how i thought you did it dont mind me i am taking notes :D oh yea and killer bike.

Latest posts

Back