KING DADDIO

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Typhoon Mary

i think youre right about the height they need to be(but then again *cue srgt. schultz* i know nooooooooooothing! :wink: )
cant wait to see the springer!

youll be knockin the birds outta the sky with those things !!! :shock: :mrgreen:

lookin real mean man !!! (little bit shorter and you can still knock em out of the trees :mrgreen: )

P1010391.jpg

Home-Alone.png

The young boy's scream awoke the family that beautiful June morning.
MY BIKE!
Meanwhile in another part of town.
P1010392.jpg

Just kidding, I would never steal or condone the stealing of Caully McCaulkin's bike.
Determining angle of front leg spreader.
P1010396.jpg

P1010397.jpg

Bending spreader.
P1010403.jpg

Bent and radiused.
P1010404.jpg

ready to tack.
P1010405.jpg

welded in place.
P1010406.jpg

Had some time to play with the bars.
cut one side and made reference points.
P1010419.jpg

P1010420.jpg

Found the angle then transferred it to the other side. Same thing with the grips. tacked em' up and welded.
P1010426.jpg

P1010427.jpg

Double or single? The bars will be dropped some more and have receivers for the tops of the springs.
P1010428.jpg

P1010429.jpg

P1010430.jpg

P1010431.jpg

P1010432.jpg

I like this fender. That rib compliment the lines of the bike.
P1010433.jpg

P1010434.jpg

No, I'm just an amazingly fast photographer. :lol: I think your right. I'd fix it but I'm just not very good with tools.

if your not good with tools, why ya building a bike? oh i know, so i can put on a spell off that great bike your building, ya not going to win ya know, so ya might as well quit. you don't know how to use tools anyways.lol

Outlaw :mrgreen:

I told my wife I'd only be out in the garage until 10:00.
OUTLAW said:
think your clock is stuck maybe, ya think

Outlaw :roll:

You're right. I haven't got a chance. Might as well throw some wheels on it and roll it to the curb.
P1010435.jpg

OUTLAW said:
if your not good with tools, why ya building a bike? oh i know, so i can put on a spell off that great bike your building, ya not going to win ya know, so ya might as well quit. you don't know how to use tools anyways.lol

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Almost finished mocking the rockers. used these punch 1-1/16dia. punch slugs for plates at the ends of the forks. Everything is a little on the overkill side but I'm hoping she'll be rail trailworthy.
P1010448.jpg

They just need welding. The front fork is nice and tight, very little right to left slop, but moves up and down pretty good.
P1010447.jpg

Shoulderbolts clear the spokes. I'll weld axle spacers to the rocker arms. might need a longer axle. Are schwinn axle threads 5/16"-24? I tried chasing one and it seem to be cutting it.
P1010445-1.jpg

I have to cut and radius the band iron under the spring and fabricate and weld a threaded end guide post out of that 1/2" stock. that's an engine block freeze plug from napa I may use as a cup. that little piece of drilled round stock will be the guide post guide which I may weld to the bars (clean) or make a fork mounted bracket (versatile). Decisions...
P1010444.jpg

P1010442.jpg

A sissy bar maybe?
P1010438.jpg

flat tracker?
P1010439.jpg

nice job on the springer. I see the tank area is getting some treatment as well.

cman said:
nice job on the springer. I see the tank area is getting some treatment as well.
Thanks, I've decided not to use a tank. Going for that minimalism thang'. I did weld the bars to the neck and also welded the front fork leg tops.
typhoon17.jpg

typhoon20.jpg

Here are some other goodies I'll be using.
typhoon19.jpg

The hub and one hoop are from the typhoon and the other is from this '59 Racer.
P1010040.jpg

Us poor folk have to either recycle or build it ourselves! This bike is definitely being built on the cheap. I did order tires, ouch, only because I had to. It's gonna be on the ratty side as far as finish goes and I really wanted to use used tires but I didn't have anything. I just can't bring myself to buy used tires. I will also have to buy some spokes but thats it...I hope. I'd much rather open my tool box than my wallet.

nice welds !!! wish i was that clean ... oh well ... more practice for me. looks like a solid set of wheels too !!

btw never seen a badge like the racers before - very cool

Latest posts

Back